Home Forums Explore Subjects Aviation Art Brm H16

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    faminz

Thought I’d post progress on this new car commission here (as well as in colored pencil forum) as just finished the car itself.
        Unfortunately the chap wants a cutaway copied into the picture which is above the main car in pencil outline (traced as it has to be correct)!

so onto colouring in that(!) now. The old pencils need to be kept well sharpened! :lol:

ps: the nose of the BRM seems tipped up like that because of the extra intake on it. :clear:

gollum

I hope the detail drawing when it’s coloured doesn’t take attention from the main car, so far this IMHO the best car drawing I have seen of yours

:thumbsup:

NeilF92

Good job on a classic racer .

Sparticus

Another Wow. And in colored pencil. What is the size of this?

https://spartidesign.myportfolio.com

Gray539

Excellent drawing, faminz. Cutaways are painful to do. I did one of a P51 once, nearly drove me mad for detailing.

faminz

Thanks for responses chaps..
                            Gollum: it’s what he specified so…..
                            Spartacus: it’s done on A3 size Bristol paper.

vegaskip

Great piece of art. Even better when complete.
                                Jim

Trumper

That is really good ,it is a shame the client wants the cutaway as part of it.

faminz

I think I’m going blind!!!

NeilF92

That’s quite a task you’ve taken on . Looking good though!

faminz

Fiddly work! I hope he appreciates it! Still one more push and it should be done!

Trumper

If he doesn’t appreciate it there will be many others that will.

gollum

That’s a lot of work … I hope you are getting the money that amount of dedication deserves :)

faminz

finally done! Sorry about the shadowing below the car, this is just a simple photo on the workbench.
                                                            To answer your comment gollum.. no Im not :clear: but I swapped a couple of diecast models for part payment and hey.. I just love doing these anyway!
                                                            and he will allow me to sell prints so all good.

ps: just a note.. the yellow wiring was done in paint over the pencil and then tidied with a very sharp pointed black pencil. Im quite proud of how that turned out, it gives a nice impression of wires.

The whole picture is on an A3 sheet so that cutaway is actually very small!

NeilF92

Great job – love it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.