Home Forums Explore Media Drawing and Sketching Dr. James Hardy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Since I have been busy on other matters I have not done any charcoal work lately, so I decided to do a quick work on a very famous surgeon from Mississippi, James Hardy MD. The name may not be familiar to most of the people but he was the first surgeon to perform the first lung and heart transplant ever. I had the honor and opportunity to meet him personally in many of his meetings in Jackson, Mississippi back in the eighties. He was a very humble and extraordinary surgeon whose work will be remembered forever.
    This work was done a Canson paper, Mi Teintes, 20×13, white, and using only charcoal pencils and eraser. This paper did not render the details of the Arches watercolor paper that I am used to, however, I tried as an experiment.

fedetony

Nice Moe, I has though a 50’s cartoonish style…

Federico Garcia
        My Blog
        C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

Merriweather

Lovely !

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

Thank you. This drawing will be completed soon, adding some background tones.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.