Home Forums Explore Media Sculpture Plaster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Will86

I originally posted on clay page, so not sure how to delete that one post. Anyways.

My father has a plaster sculpture. Very old and the place it used to be in the past it had alot of inces from candles burned around it. So looks dirty and dark, he wants to restore it to original color and fix the broken pieces also from it.

Any advice on fixing it and removing that tart without removing paint?
        Don’t have picture yet so can’t share it.

Thanks.

Will86

This is the sculpture.

And I have artist picture cleaner.

I want to clean all this stain from it to see the color under it so I can fix it again by plastering and painting it again.

Thanks

Hi,

If you want to add some plaster to your sculpture you’ll want to score (make hatch mark lines all over in it) the surface really well so that the new plaster will adhere to the piece well. Also, be sure and get the plaster very wet so that the new plaster will soak in a stick.

Here is a link to a thread about cleaning plaster:

http://www.sculpture.net/community/showthread.php?t=3269

[FONT=Arial Narrow]~Sculpturedolls
            [FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, fill your life with love,scatter sunshine, forget self, think of others. -Norman Vincent Peale

[FONT=Georgia]My website My Blog Join me on Facebook

Will86

Thank you for answering, I’m looking at the page you recommend but hard to see the way I want it.
                I want to remove this black stuff to show the original color underneath. My family wants it’s original paint.

Jerry artarama recommended those artist oil cleaner but I don’t see yet the stuff coming out the black stuff.
                Other reason I’m trying to find is, if the oil was painted after the plaster was dry or was still wet that way the paint.

It’s already in falling apart but I will for sure keep that in mind on when I will finally put plaster back on.

talisman

You might try looking at restoration sites, they might have more of the info you need.
                    Most of the Artists here are creating new works not trying to restore old ones, so not a lot of info on that.

Smoke damage is one of the hardest things to fix and on something as delicate as plaster even harder to fix.

Good Luck!

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                    C and C always welcome.
                    My DeviantArt Gallery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.