Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Topic Challenge, #54, Makes Me Smile, July 15-28

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

WC Shutterbug Pub Topic Challenge (PLEASE no critiques)

Welcome to WC’s Shutterbug Pub Topic Challenge where every two weeks a topic will be posted in a thread and you will have the opportunity to post images that you have taken that you think satisfy the topic. You are only limited by your imagination.

I recently took a photograph of a two horses and when I uploaded the image and saw it for the first time on my computer, it actually made me laugh. Evoking an emotion might be a difficult challenge, but I am sure you have some of these in your files and/or will have fun as you grab your camera and go looking for more. So, let’s put SMILES on everyone’s faces.

Topic : Makes Me Smile
    This topic will end: July 28, 2018

Please read the guidelines before posting.
    Guidelines:
    1) All photos submitted must be yours.
    2) All entries are to be posted directly by each member into this thread in the SHUTTERBUG PUB.
    3) You may post more than one image, however, please submit only one photo per post.
    4) We hope that his activity inspires you to shoot new images and not just pull from your archives. However, images from your archives WILL be allowed as long as your image has NOT been previously posted on Wet Canvas.
    5) You may use software to manipulate or enhance your images.
    6) Since this activity is running in the Shutterbug Forum, if you wish to comment on any entry, we ask that you limit your comments to praise and applause .
    7) Every other Sunday, a new topic challenge will begin.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

“hey Buddy, why the long face?”

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

maryinasia

fun topic and fun photo!

Lorell, you said they make you smile.

Anonymous

Mary is right – nice start to what should be a fun and popular challenge.

Three reactions to this shot:

1) I like the late afternoon feel to the light.

2) I’m reminded how muscular and powerful horses can be.

3) (and perhaps many will be too young to get this) – ”WILBUR”

Useless trivia: until I caught a special the other night, I didn’t know that Sharon Tate (the most famous victim of the first of the Charles Manson murder scenes in the Los Angeles area) appeared twice on the show.

Irishwhistler

[ATTACH]858377[/ATTACH]

MAC, my yellow Labrador pup at age 10 weeks made me smile as he took great pride in making his first retrieve of a paint roller earlier this Spring.

Mike 🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸

Peter, Mike,
                Both are wonderful captures that would make anyone smile. Perfect additions to this challenge.

Anonymous

MFI and Mike –

Both emminently smile-inducing. :thumbsup:

Irishwhistler

MFI and Mike –

Both emminently smile-inducing. :thumbsup:

Cute kids and pup’s, how could we get it wrong?:lol:

Mike 🍀🇮🇪🇺🇸

Girls Just Want To Have Fun

:D This is a fun topic! What a great bunch of photos.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                        Find me on Instagram
                        Find me on Facebook

Hi Virginia,
                        Thanks for stopping in.
                        LORELL

Hi Virginia,
                        Thanks for stopping in.
                        LORELL

ditto.

Reached the top of the climbing blocks.

Reciting from memory in beautifully annunciated verse while swinging. The entire story of Slinky Malinki, the recalcitrant cat.

These are precious, AND make me smile.

donovansbrain

One dollar a week!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.