WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Southwest and Western Art
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-26-2019, 01:08 PM
A Local Legend
southeast Wyoming

Hails from United States
Re: 'Round the Campfire ~ November

I love tortillas...wish I could have them...only small corn ones now...sigh..

A foot of snow this morning and still snowing. Schools closed, city and county governments closed. Good day to stay home and paint

My strength and stamina continue to improve thankfully. Cardio rehab is helping a bunch. My studio is in our basement. But since my heart attack I have been using the kitchen table as studio so I dont have to go up and down stairs. Hoping to be able to transfer back to basement studio soon as I miss the space, proper lighting, etc...

Katy- love those bison sculptures! Foundry issues sound like a pain in the ?/$... Hope you figure it out so you can get bronze made up

Hi to everybody, have great day

Come join us in the Southwest/Western forum
My art blog
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-27-2019, 01:01 AM
Veteran Member
Northern CA

Hails from United States

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

We have had dry, but beautiful weather way to far in to autumn. Power outages and threats of power outages have become a regular thing. People are buying backup generators like crazy. Years of failure to maintain power lines and trim trees has led to this mess. The good news is that TODAY it started raining and it's supposed to continue on and off for at least a week. Thunder storm coming later tonight and very strong, gusty winds all evening. But it's raining and that is good.

I've decided that since people can decide when I get power and when I don't, I should be able to decide when there are calories in my food and when there aren't. Based on that, I have decided that nothing consumed from now until Sunday at midnight will have any calories. So feel free to eat whatever looks good to you. Happy Thanksgiving...and you're welcome.

Have fun!
I just push the paint around while the painting pushes me.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-27-2019, 01:17 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

So glad you are doing better, Ron, that's super.

We've been reading about the power outages there...not good. but glad rain came your way, Rick.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in the US!
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-27-2019, 01:45 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hello everyone! I hope there's fresh, hot coffee and something warm to munch...we're in the middle of a snowstorm here. I'm sure this will make any Thanksgiving travels a challenge. We've got our whole family coming here tomorrow for the day. Some of them have been here for the better part of a week already, and more tomorrow. Turkey's almost fully thawed, and things are on track. Deer hunting has been a little slow, but both of my brothers have gotten does, which is good, as their families love venison.

Hi Evelyn. Thanks for the kind words. The harvest has had so many unexpected problems this year, so it's still not done. Very trying for my dad, but what can you do, right?

Hi Katy. Your bison are stunning! The wooly texture is incredible!

Hi Kay. I hope all the cotton has come off the fields. Did you get some rain? Yes, on the 23rd, I would have been busy at my show. It was a good show, too, and I got three commissions from it - two sculpture ones and a drawing. Looking forward to tackling them!

Hi Jo. Mmm, one sausage wrap for me please! I hope you're doing well.

Hi Ron. I'm so happy to hear you're continuing to feel better. I bet you don't have to shovel any of that snow this time around. Keep painting, my friend!

Hi Rick. I'm so glad to hear you're getting some rain. I hope it does continue to rain so the earth gets good and soaked for a change in your area. I like your calorie-free mentality for this week!

Have a happy and wonderful Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for all of my friends here at WetCanvas. I hope your Thanksgiving is surrounded by family, friends, good food, and leaves you with many great memories!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-27-2019, 07:38 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

It might be raining in Texas, Jenna, I don't know as we are in NM now. Snow started here around 3 pm; here is a pic of the front. It is to continue all night.

We did hit a few stores to see if any had Black Friday sales going on or were waiting until that day, but all were in big sales mode early.

All stay warm and enjoy your day tomorrow. We will go out for lunch and not cook as my brother and wife will not be coming.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-28-2019, 12:20 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Happy Thanksgiving all around the fire! I'm thankful for all my friends here.

Kay, hi there. Love the snow photos. We will have rain it looks like. But family and good food. Love your gate. Have a great time.

Rick, crazy way to survive. We complain if we lose power for 15 minutes. Hope you get to eat and celebrate in the light. Enjoy the rain, we should have some, too.

Jenna, hi there. Your Thanksgiving sounds perfect with family on the way. Hope your weather holds out, it doesn't sound great. Have a great day! You are a staple in our group and keep the fire strong. Thanks for all you do.

Ron, you have had weather, too. Hope you are all together and have good weather and fun. Keep up the cardio and get in the basement soon!

Thank you all for the friendship and fun around here. Our day will be traditional except I bought a Dragon Fruit in honor of a friend in Thailand in the Scavenger Hunt group. Don't know if it goes in the fruit salad or separate, we will see tomorrow. Maybe you can try it, too.
:-)

Winston Churchill
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2019, 10:39 AM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
La tierra del encanto

Hails from United States

We got that snow yesterday as well, Kay. 11/29 this morning it seems to be all melted, but it gave a drink to all the plants.

Ron. Sorry I did not know you had a heart attack. Best wished for continued recovery.

Before it snowed, however, I got the 3rd bison out of the mold. Now I will need to spend some time sanding and scraping.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-29-2019, 05:46 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Was the dragon fruit good, Jo? That's a neat sketch of it!

Sounds busy for you Katy, sanding and scraping.

Thunderstorms and rain all night kept me awake now intermittent rain with howling wind 35 mph or more. Our neighbors are driving up here this afternoon.
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2019, 11:45 AM
A Local Legend
Bastrop, Texas

Hails from United States

Kay, the Dragon Fruit was supposed to be white with black seeds inside, this one was pink. The taste is a mild kiwi sort of. Not much. At $5.98 for one it might just be a fun thing for Thanksgiving (new tradition). It is pretty in and out.

Hi all around. Wet and muggy at 74 or so. No real rain here just wet. Still eating leftovers. I like all except the turkey. Ha. We had ham as well and the tradition with ham is red chile so I can put that on the turkey, too, and it is better.
Winston Churchill
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2019, 01:01 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

What a pretty fruit salad! Looks yummy, Jo.

Sunny here in Alto, temps in low 30s along with wind gusts 30-35 mph. A painting day for sure.
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 11-30-2019, 06:34 PM
Wisconsin

Hails from United States

Hi everyone! I hope you had a fun Thanksgiving. Mine was good...very busy and boisterous with 14 family members here for a few days - ten of them aged 12 and under. Overall, it was nice.

Hello Kay. Looks like it's wet wherever you go, Texas or New Mexico. Pretty picture with the snow!

Hi Jo. I am so flattered by your kind comments. Thank you! I can't imagine not having this group of friends to visit. Every member is so important and unique and wonderful! I've always wanted to try dragon fruit. It's so beautiful, and your drawing captures its exotic beauty. The fruit salad is so pretty and delicate!

Hi Katy. Sounds good that you've gotten a bit of moisture. Glad the sculptures are continuing to develop!

Not too much else new with me. I've got a hankering to draw an outlaw for the Outlaws thread Kay started. I've got a lot of drawing projects to tackle...but maybe I'll make time for this one. See you all in December!

My blog: http://thecozyred.wordpress.com/