Home Forums Explore Subjects Portraiture Portraiture Forum Library Archives The 9th Annual WetCanvas Holiday Portrait Swap Pairings and Paintings thread!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 561 total)
  • Author
    kevinwueste

Here forthwith are the 2012 holiday Pairings ! Thank you again everyone for signing up! This will be our biggest year yet! Let’s make it AWESOME!!!!
        A little background on the “how” of matching: The pairings were made this year using the rand() function in Microsoft Excel. I created random numbers for each user using the random function then sorted one half randomly, then sorted the other half randomly and then matched the two halves. I took into account requests for domestic partners ( vs Int’l). If there is a mistake – please let me know via PM and I will do my best to help!

Please post your Works-in-Progress ( W.I.P’s) and finals here and if you like, when you get your painting – post a photo of you with your new holiday gift! Remember the goal is to have these complete and on their way by the first week in December. So get your photos sent as soon as you are able! ( via personal email ).

and now..

the list:

drum roll.. dldldldldldldldldldldldld

Please read: I hope you are are excited to get going! Now – on to getting photos that match the type and quality listed at the beginning of the Announcement thread – shot and off to your swap partner. I suggest you send several images of yourself ( get some help with the shooting part please!) and make sure you follow the directions. These are best sent via your email and not through the pm system ( size limitations).

Your partner should NOT get snapshot-quality images – they should be carefully lit photos with no flash, no direct,frontal lighting and several image options for them to consider! If you do not send good reference images, your partner may ask for good form-light and shadows so they have something clear to draw or paint. I suggest you set exposure compensation/Exposure Adjustment to minus .7 or minus 1 to ensure no blown-out lights as well!

Thank you everyone again for joining in this our biggest year and well – here we go!!

-Kevin and the portraiture team

i draw, paint and teach | my voice is hoarse | my shoulder hurts.
        Talent is really a capacity for a certain type of learning of knowledge and a consuming interest in the facts that contribute to that knowledge~ Andrew Loomis
        http://www.kevinwuesteart.blogspot.com
        "kevinwueste" on instagram

GaryNorthants

Great work Kevin, many thanks for organising. Let the fun commence
            Good luck everyone
            Gary

“It’s never too late to be who you might have been. —George Eliot aka Mary Ann Evans

beetee

All the best to everyone,
                got your pm Gary,and sent you some mail.

Brian

C & C most welcome!
                Brian.

mollerman

How many pixels at the longest distance would you recommend when sending 3 or 4 pics by email?

OK

Thanks for all the work on this swap Kevin.

And also to let Dollardays know that I have sent a PM in case notification does not work.

:wave: Dave

“What peaches and what penumbras! Whole families shopping at night! Aisles full of husbands! Wives in the avocados, babies in the tomatoes!—and you, Garcia Lorca, what were you doing down by the watermelons?”
                        — Allen Ginsberg
                        Are you ready for a Journey?
                        PS Critiques always welcome but no plaudits or emoting, please don’t press the like button.

Everyone

Thanks, Kevin! :D

So, my swap partner is Sizun — looking forward to being in contact. :thumbsup:
                            Now I need to get some photos of myself — the hardest task, I find!

Cheers, Lauren
                            https://www.facebook.com/LaurenFosterMacLeod/
                            Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lauren.fosterm/

kevinwueste

How many pixels at the longest distance would you recommend when sending 3 or 4 pics by email?

I think anything from around 300k per image to 1mb is fine. Bigger is not really needed and smaller may degrade how much information can be seen.

-Kevin

i draw, paint and teach | my voice is hoarse | my shoulder hurts.
                                Talent is really a capacity for a certain type of learning of knowledge and a consuming interest in the facts that contribute to that knowledge~ Andrew Loomis
                                http://www.kevinwuesteart.blogspot.com
                                "kevinwueste" on instagram

theBoardLady

Thank you for doing this Kevin. I’m having a bit of a problem posting so here’s hoping this works.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Diane Bazaldua, SSA
                                    www.dianesartstudio.com
                                    [FONT=Times New Roman]"Art should not be judged by the medium for which it is created (i.e., there is no "high" art or "low" art - it's just art). ---- Bill Watterson (creator of "Calvin & Hobbes")

ErinEmily

I am excited to get started :) Thanks for posting our partners, I am quite pleased to be working with the person I was paired with :thumbsup:

Ole_Bitty

How exciting; thank you Kevin! I can’t wait to get started (and my lovely partner is Sandybells…excellent & rather intimidating).

- Beth

Anonymous

Woot!!! Let the fun begin!!!!

inmystudio

Thanks Kevin!

Deborah
                                                    :music: "You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note"....... Doug Floyd
                                                    https://www.deborahmattsonart.com/

crafor

thanks. I hope I can do my partner justice.
                                                        Ella

rickycorbett

Thanks Kevin! I’m really looking forward to this. Let’s get the fun started :clap::clap::clap::clap:

~Ricky :)

berningc

Well, I’ll be brave and post the first step of my WIP for the portrait swap. I’ve sketched on toned canvas. I hope I can capture her lovely blue eyes.

Carol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 561 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.