Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Newbie here. My first posting of a work. Not sure if I’m finished.

jessms

great job :)

Thanks,
        The painting is in oils
        11×14 on gessoed hardboard
        Since I enjoyed smearing paint around I’m thinking of painting it again, larger.

Trumper

Just wondering if you could add a flower pot or something on the patio way part.

Just wondering if you could add a flower pot or something on the patio way part.

Thank you for your interest. I painted from a photo that I took at an Aboretum that is owned and meticulously maintained by a University. Beautiful place, lots of imported plants, but there are no plants here in pots. I could paint in a potted plant, but don’t want to.

Linda

love the scene, i can almost see myself sitting on the rocks under the tree. I think if you played with the shadows (might have to change the sun day abit) and have them jump over the stones and just a tiny bit over the steps it would create a whole new feeling. Playing with the shadows as it curves over the bumps and shapes of the stones and the tree shape stretching across. Also you can get more depth with the stone shadows. but i would leave the upper level as it is. Just my opinion. beautiful picture.

Just Do it!

Thanks for your observations! I’m now seeing that the cracks between the stones on the lower level, are sketchy, all very close in value and less convincing than the rest. Some tweaks forthcoming.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.