Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Suzhiheng

This a Portrait that i was trying to “fix” but it became too overworked and now i don’t really know what to do next. The palette I’m using for this portrait is the Zorn Palette. More specifically, Cad Red Hue, Yellow Ochre, Bone Black, and Titanium White.

Links to the Picture (Too Big for WC)
        https://imgur.com/a/PGfZy

Trumper

Without knowing what you want i personally don’t think this is too bad.I have seen alot worse exhibited.I have resized it so it shows up here [hopefully].

[ATTACH]854183[/ATTACH]

OK

That’s not really the Zorn Pallette you are using, he used Vermillion, Yellow Ochre and Ivory black. Although Cad Red can be substituted for vermilion there is not enough blue in Bone Black to make it a good substitute for Ivory Black so you will not get the rich browns and subdued greens that Zorn achieved. But you have achieved some nice grays.
                You just need to work on your brushwork try painting across the form rather than along it.

:wave: Dave.

“What peaches and what penumbras! Whole families shopping at night! Aisles full of husbands! Wives in the avocados, babies in the tomatoes!—and you, Garcia Lorca, what were you doing down by the watermelons?”
                — Allen Ginsberg
                Are you ready for a Journey?
                PS Critiques always welcome but no plaudits or emoting, please don’t press the like button.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.