Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia Watermedia Challenge for SEPTEMBER 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
  • Author

Hullo everyone, I’m your Host for our Watermedia Challenge for September 2018.

I’ve posted a selection of photos for you to paint from – all the photos are my own except the Cat and it’s by Crias, from the Reference Image Library.

You may paint from as many as you want too – there’s no reveal date, just post your painting whenever you want too. When posting your entry, please give us the size and whatever Watermedia you used. I hope you find something here to inspire you to enter our September Challenge. And above all …. have fun!

As the 1st of September, is the first day of Spring in the Southern Hemisphere, I’ve taken some photos today, from my Spring Garden.

Daffodils in our drive by our gate.

Camellias in our back garden

A Magnolia flower on our Magnolia Tree – the tree is covered in huge flowers this year and is such a beautiful sight!

Cherry Blossom in my back garden

A cranky looking Pippa! She wouldn’t look at me to have her photo taken, and didn’t want to be taken with the daffodils, and even attempted to sit on the daffodils!

Monarch Butterfly

Ohope Beach in the North Island of New Zealand

A Macaw Parrot

The “Remarkables Mountain Range” in Queenstown New Zealand

Yellow Hosta in my garden

And one from the RIL for all the cat people

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

laika

Yay, Pippa’s back! A very nice selection, Viv :)

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
        - Otto Rank

Good ones, Viv! So glad you included a pouty Pippa and a grouchy looking kitty also. What a lovely place you live in!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

CaliAnn

These are beautiful Viv! So many to choose from. Thank you for hosting! :)

Thanks Laika, Kay and CaliAnn, I’m glad you like the photos.
            And yes a grouchy Pippa, who wouldn’t sit still for me to photograph and to add insult to injury, she actually SAT her bottom on some of my daffodils! I’m sure she did it on purpose, because she didn’t want her photo taken!
            :lol:

Oooh! Lovely, Viv. Fancy being springtime! We are headed into autumn!

Penny
            I live in Wiltshire, England
            “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Thanks for hosting, Vivien! A lovely variety of references to choose from.

Christel

Myse

A lot of nice photos here, thank you Vivien!!

Comments and critics welcome. I want to progress!
                marysecurinier-rochette.com
                https://maryse.rochette.cc

What a stunning mountain range! Pippa is so cute too! ❤️

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

IsobelW

Love the photos. Nice to see Pippa. These were both done quite quickly. The cat was water colour and the bird acrylic ink. In both cases the colour was put down first, and the lines scribbled over afterwards, kept loose. Interesting experiment.

Isobel – These are both great and I like your loose style! Lots of beautiful color in the bird painting and I love the expression of the grumpy cat!

CaliAnn

Isobel: I love these! The colors for the bird really pop and the expression on grumpy cat is awesome!

Isobel – lovely and loose.
                        7×10 I’ve had to improvise with white pva and white ac as my painting had a mind of its own. Black pen also for the trees

Christel

CaliAnn

Christel Those mountains are glorious! Beautifully done :)

Isobel, your loose approach works so very well with this method. Love the macaw and kitty!

Christel, your mountain range scene looks fresh and inviting, very clear water with the majestic peaks above.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 95 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.