Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #542: May 17 – 25, 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    jmfletch

Scavenger Hunt #542: May 17 – 25, 2018
        Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts!

If you’ve done at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one, we’d really appreciate it! You can sign up by posting your name and the current hosting list stickie on Artwork from Life forum: https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show…6#post21360136

Rules for Hunting:
        * All items on the list must be sketched from life–not imagination nor photo references
        * Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
        * You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
        * All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few items as you like; you don’t have to finish the entire list to participate! You don’t have to comment on every post, but comment, if and when you can.

Scavenger Hunts last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!

Scavenger Hunt #542: May 17 – 25, 2018

Glass of water
        Old shoe
        Stack of books
        Wine bottle(s)
        Object from your pocket or purse
        Stapler
        Radio
        Camera
        Anything metal
        Coffee pot or a kettle
        Tree bark
        Hard candy
        Seashell
        Vase
        Thumb drive
        Feather
        Skull
        Socks
        Hand holding something
        Wine cork
        Candlestick
        Stack of …
        Drapery
        Mug (One you have not drawn before to add to jo’s non-virtual collection .)
        Controller (any kind of remote)
        Jewelry

Challenges:
        Make a composition of 3 or more items.
        Use a media you do not typically use.
        Use non-dominant hand ( Joan you need to do yours blind contour.:evil: )

Keep sketching
        Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

eyepaint

Thanks, Joe, for the new list. I posted an invite in the WC News Digest so it shows up on the front page of the site.

-- EP Moderator for:
            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Thanks for the list. Yep, Joan can do blind contours so well .. I’m too lazy to even do them. Sigh…..

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
            My website https://jocastilloart.com

jmfletch

Thanks EP!

I put the caveat for Joan because her non-dominant hand drawings are as good as most folks using their dominant hand.:lol:

Joe

“The act of art can be so relaxing after you get over yourself.” - Quoting Robin

Eye

Joe: Thanks for the list….

I did 2 small sketches yesterday while proctoring an exam…

#1 sub. for skull with head shots of 2 students

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                    https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

eyepaint

Joe – no worries

Ai – great sketch of students taking the exam

I dug out my Pan Pastels and I’ve totally forgotten how to use them, as you will soon see.

1. wine bottle
                        2. glass of water – waaaay too tall – see I don’t know how to make marks in a smaller way

3. stack of books

Oh and I used a charcoal pencil to make a few marks in the books sketch.

All done in a medium I haven’t used in 6+ years.

Cheers,

-- EP Moderator for:

Pine Cone

Joe – Great list :wave:

Joan’s caveat cracked me up :lol:

See, this is why I don’t normally lurk when I need a break away – cause I just get lured back in :evil:

I’m exhausted but will try to do a mug for Jo’s collection. Maybe I’ll try to finish the shell I started during Joe’s last hunt, but it’s doubtful I’ll finish it.

Then, back to break time.

EP – Yay, thanks for doing that. I hope you’ll do it every week! I love the softness of your sketches – lovely work. And for reminding me about my Pan Pastels, gatherng dust in a corner somewhere :crying:

Ai – Fantastic lines! Very expressive!

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Joan T

Joe, thanks for the new list…don’t Know if I can put any of my sketches from today into this hunt. I will have to really stretch. If Incs. Find some extra blank paper I will try to do some items from this apt…which means getting off the couch and hunting. I am tired and afraid if I try some blind contours I will fall asleep. Lol

Ai, I always love when you proctor and sketch the students.

EP, nice colorful sketches!

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                                [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

jmfletch

Ai – Love the way you did the line. Was that continuous? Great effect.

EP -Experiment and play that is what new media are for! Key is have fun so that you enjoy and then use them more.
                                    Love pastels, which I rarely use any more. Pan pastels look fun. What do you use as an applier?

Pine – Glad your lurking and popped back in. Miss your insights and our discussions as much as your art.

Joan – be ‘very’ creative in substituting. Better yet we can add a 27th. Travel.

Schedule is all backwards this week but hope to sketch some later when we get home from PT. Will take my Apple Pencil with me in case there is something there I can substitute.

Keep sketching
                                    Joe

eyepaint

Pine Cone and Joan and Joe – thank you

Joe the applicator I used was this one – the dirty make up sponge thing with the different colours on the ends:

The PanPastel starter set came with some applicator tools like so:

My set is quite old so the tools are not the same. This was a product photo from DickBlick.

-- EP Moderator for:

Eye

EP: Thanks for helping to promote this Hunt. Cool pan pastels… Hey if you cannot make a small mark, get larger paper…. Love your book stack… I got some pan pastel from Elizabeth too but never yet to try them. You did great.

Joe, Joan, PineCone: Thanks

Ai

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

jmfletch

EP – the smaller ones look like the stuff on Blick. Sounds like experimental time to go thru “the drawer”. Know you have one; we all do.

Waves to Hunters and Lurkers. :wave:

1 radio – Not too well done. Arthritis in thumb is acting up. It laughs at Advil.

Keep sketching
                                                Joe

:lol: seeing it on the screen the perspective is going 3 different ways :lol:

Eye

Joe: Cool radio… hope your thumbs recover soon

Ai

DawnDR

Joe, thanks for the new list. I like your sketch of the radio, hope your thumb is better soon.

Ai, great sketches of the students.

EP, love the colorful sketches. I’ve never worked with pastels, looks like fun.

Hi, glad you like my mug enough to add it to your collection.

Lunchtime sketch – set up items from my desk to draw while I had my lunch. The rose is too big and the proportions are wrong on the stapler, but I didn’t have time to finish it (and may not before the hunt is over, so I’m posting this now).

#1: stack of lab notebooks
                                                        #2: vase
                                                        #3: thumb drive
                                                        #4: stapler

C & C welcome :)

Inspiration does exist but it must find you working. -Picasso

White Pen

Heya all ,

again a great list . thanks for that Joe , guess will bring me in .

Now , i m glued to the royal wed …. with sausage roll and hot tea :angel: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Course i want to sketch the royal wedding , just for fun … but massive problems to get in the first row …:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway i stay here and soon some fun came up out of WP pen.

To the crowd , keep sketching the hunt…

Cheers WP …:wave: moments away the see the bride ..

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 91 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.