Home Forums Explore Subjects Artwork from Life Scavenger Hunt #540: May 1-9

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Welcome to the Scavenger Hunts!

If you’ve done at least one Scavenger Hunt and have time to host one, we’d really appreciate it! You can sign up by posting your name and the current hosting list stickie on Artwork from Life forum: https://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366347

Rules for Hunting:
    * All items on the list must be sketched from life–not imagination nor photo references
    * Each object you draw can count for only one item on the list, no matter how many shapes/parts/colors that object contains. This was agreed to by unanimous vote among the participants
    * You may place multiple objects together in a drawing or painting, and may count those objects as separate list items, but no single object can count for more than one list item.
    * All items posted must be numbered. Count them as you go. The first item you sketch and post will be #1 regardless of its place on the list. Do them in whatever order you wish, but count them in the order in which you sketch them, from 1 to 26.

Do as many or as few items as you like; you don’t have to finish the entire list to participate! You don’t have to comment on every post, but comment, if and when you can.

Scavenger Hunts last for 9 days, with the next hunt starting on the 9th day.

Please tell us your size, surface, medium, and the amount of time it took you to do each sketch. We love hearing about your subjects and setups. Photos of your subjects are also welcome!

Scavenger Hunt #540: May 1-9

a Alfa – also alpha, something Greek, maybe Greek to me?
    b Beta – beta male
    c Charlie – fool or perfume
    d Delta – something to do with river/water
    e Echo – related to speaking
    f Foxtrot – related to dancing
    g Golf
    h Hotel
    i India – related to India or other country
    j Juliett – something feminine
    k Kilo – heavy something
    l Lima – Bean or plant, something from Lima, Peru or Ohio
    m Mike – Something that creates sound
    n November – something from the season, fall
    o Oscar – toy, Oscar the Grouch
    p Papa
    q Quebec – French or Canadian
    r Romeo – something you love
    s Sierra – landscape
    t Tango – Related to music
    u Uniform
    v Victor – game
    w Whiskey – or wine
    x Xray – or other X word
    y Yankee – a native or inhabitant of the United States.
    z Zulu – any Z word

Feel free to substitute anything of the same letter for any item. The radio alphabet seemed fun to try. Literally or figuratively.
    Challenge to do them in order or just to do as many as you can. :-)

Better a bit late than never! Have fun ..

My blog https://jocastilloartblog.blogspot.com/
    My website https://jocastilloart.com

eyepaint

Thanks Jo for the new alphabetical list :)

-- EP Moderator for:
        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Eye

Thanks Jo for the cool list…

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
            https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Jo – Woah, very interesting approach to a list…..thanks for hosting

Two of these were for the last hunt but did not get to post’em and they fit in this hunt.
            I am preparing to attend the annual USA Kabbalah convention, and just could not put the pen and paper down while preparing the list for my helper……..just had to draw something!!!!!

landscape
            music related
            makes sound…..meow, crunch, crunch, crunch :rolleyes:

:grouphug:

Robin
            The mediator between head and hands must
            be the heart. Harbou - Metropolis
            http://virtualparsnip.blogspot.com/

eyepaint

Robin – good meows and crunch :)

wc and ink in my handmade journal on watermedia paper. Approx. 11″ across by 7″ tall

1. landscape

2. related to water – there is a reflecting pond (on the left) in the scene.

Cheers,

-- EP Moderator for:
                All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Joan T

Robin, I love your crunchiest.EP, nice landscape and pond scene.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                    [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Eye

EP & Robin: lovely all sketches… the meow meow and the water garden.

Jo: Thanks for the list.

Joan: Wonderful sketches to end previous Hunt. Can’t wait to see more from your Downunder…

Hello Joe & PineCone & all..

Ai

Painting is my soul. My blog.
                        https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/01-Feb-2009/4926-ai_signature_Feb09.gif

Wow, look at the sketches. I’m going with the Bastrop Sketchers, will probably be just Pomona and I. Ha. Anyway, may get a sketch to fit.

Robin, I love your landscape! Cute birdie flute and love the crunchies!!

EP, mmmm, nice landscapes. Reflecting pools are so neat. These go under sketches that make me smile.

Joan, yours are great. Wow you are so energetic. They posted in the last hunt, maybe someone will move them here for us. Looks like you are having fun. I like the sketchers and the city view.

White Pen

Heya ,

Love to see you all in , Jo what a great list! Saddly im not in.
                            Lot to do here and there . Moved into a new apartment and all of the pens and papers are deep down the moving boxes . A trip to Milano , Italy last week at a quite long city walk i past at Pellegrini a famous shop for painting stuff. Pigments from real Italian Earth and a Sketchbook with handmade paper comes with me . Oh i forgott to mention some japanese waterbrushes for inking are not in the shop anymore . Guess soon im back in , can host one or two crazy lists … i feel something emty without weekly sketches .

Cheers White Pen

Humor is just another defense against the universe.........On-Line Homebase........

Pine Cone

JoC – Thanks for a very cool list! :cool: I can’t wait to see what you sketched for it today! :clear:

Robin – Lovely atmospheric sky and your foreground makes it super interestng and adds to the immensity somehow! Very cool :cool: Awesome bright bird, and love the cute furlets :cat:

EP – lovely scenes, beautiful colors and shapes! :)

Joan – I hope EP will move your sketches over because they’re such great responses to JoC’s[/B] unique and inspiring list! They’re absolutely wonderful!

Hi Ai and WP! and Joe and lurkers :) I know this is a super busy time of year, but I hope you can join in :wave:

name — gravity and grace along the path

nickname — intuitive balance of forces[/color]

Hi there, WP! Good for you for your trip to Milano. We have never been to Europe, only South America. Sounds so interesting and beautiful. We look forward to you sketching with us anytime. Always an extra Hunt bonus!

Pine Cone .. hey, there!

I went with the Sketchers and it was just the two of us. I sketched the historical county jail as a sub for Juliett (feminine). Is a building feminine? You do say “la casa” in Spanish. Hmm. Anyway, it isn’t often we sketch a jail. I sketched with a Prismacolor 01 and added some watercolor and brush pen. I spent way to long on this. Not sure how Joan can do her complicated structures as sketches. Ha. I sketched there for a couple of hours and finished in another hour this morning.

Number 1, J-Juliett – sub Jail

And the photo

Pine Cone

JoC – That building in its pleasant surroundings, and in a historical context, is very interesting. You sketched it beautifully and I love seeing the photo with it. I love your tree, with its pretty greens and blues, against the burnt orange bricks of the building. Beautiful and descriptive work!

Pine Cone

item #1 – “LIMA (plant)”

Wild Cherry liquid herbal extract by Herb Pharm

(background and color palette from imagination)[/color]

Speedy line sketch:

Oops, looks like there’s not enough contrast after downsizing :eek: Sorry :(

Tools:

iPad Pro, Apple Pencil

Procreate app for the background and sketch.

Art Studio Pro app for the crop, border, downsize, and export.[/color]

Process:

Virtual pen on virtual paper.

Freehand, no drafting tools or tracing, digital or otherwise.

No grid or smoothing or symmetry or cloning, digital or otherwise.

No filters or effects. No color intensification or exaggeration.

Reference located a few inches away.[/color]

Pine Cone, thank you. I like your wild cherry colors and sketch. Wild!

Busy day here, company for tonight and part of the weekend. Off to straighten up and do some cooking. Ta-ta….

Joan T

Hi everyone!

Pine Cone, thanks. I am reposting my travel sketches to the right hunt myself.
                                            I like your bottle…what do you use it for?

White Pen, nothing worse than not being able to get to your art supplies.

Jo, good job on the jail and all those bars on the windows.

Seems like I posted my first set of sketches in the wrong hunt, so I am reposting these here.
                                            1 – Beta male surfer
                                            2- G garden
                                            3- F flowers
                                            4- P people
                                            5- L landscape

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                                            [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.