WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Think Tank > Creativity
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Veteran Member

Re: What's your best motivation tip?

Spare a match for the most distorted orchid in the path.
Assorted orphans coursed in a morbid orbit towards the traps.
I make a tentative promise to flash frequent,
the most sacred abrasive based in allegiance to the makeshift mason's secrets.
Water basin leaking, plug it up.
The simple triple ring performance shoveled subtle imperfection.
I rung a life's worth of saturated costume gear over hell's balcony to nullify the drought and still the martyr farmers shout at me.
And so the epic went.
And every cirrus hung.
The bow breakers turned a cradle fatal, every spirit clung.
Croon for the slick Icarus brain children busy splitting the givingtree building fresh canoes for freaks to cross the spill in. i'm frantic.
My plan is dwindling with every pulse bump. Gods and monsters yield the lump sum of the dolt clump.
Be wary when the stratosphere tints.
I Scout like Atticus Finch, inching up slow in the games of reconnaissance.
Now cause to amend the Zen memorandum has surfaced in every holocaust citadel fix it plan.
12 easy steps to better picket line demeanor.
Gumshoe.
Stick stone conglomerate activate massive.
But the sky is falling. **** you.
I've hired sweatshop labor to hold candles to the solar panels stitched in the back of my neck for nickels and sour milk by the week.
Cheek to the heartache.
At the center of my anthem lies a blend of temper tantrums substancial for me to lamp in.

-Aesop Rock

Buddha suggests to those who need inspiration for their art to go before a perfectly blank wall until it's design, compostion, and subject reveal itself. -Jack Rutherford
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Denmark

Hails from Denmark

I guess it can't get more true than that

The monkey see monkey do, works in all aspects of life

Quote:
Originally Posted by renaissancemedici
Being jealous of others' wonderful work does it for me.
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-02-2012, 12:59 PM

Motivation for the Painting or any art is depend upon the situation around you . The situation, thing, place or anything which fascinate you and your creativity to portrait in your paintings.
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Lord of the Arts
S.E. Missouri

Hails from United States

This is an old thread and I've posted before but I suddenly realized another thing that keeps me motivated. Not a new idea, it has been mentioned in prior posts but still a useful one. I am challenged by my earlier paintings, some go way back many years but others are from the recent past. Reviewing previous paintings encourages me because I can see that my skills have improved, my interpretation is better, my compositional skills more solid - what could be a better motivator than to have proof that persistance pays off and you can now attempt challenges you'd not have been able to reach at an earlier time? Challenging myself in every new composition, striving for something that forces me to improve my skills keeps motivation high and the sense of accomplishment when the challenge has been met is an added bonus.
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2012, 10:31 AM

Hails from United Kingdom

A long walk with a good camera. Anything you see that interests you, photograph it. Dont view the images you take, just take the camera card and print the photos. I guarentee you will have at least 3 photos that you will want to draw, paint or in some ways work with. Every dry spell I have creatively I use this.
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Denmark

Hails from Denmark

I really good idea that I should try myself. Dig out old stuff and see (hopefully) a progress. If I don't see any I'm back to square one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aires
This is an old thread and I've posted before but I suddenly realized another thing that keeps me motivated. Not a new idea, it has been mentioned in prior posts but still a useful one. I am challenged by my earlier paintings, some go way back many years but others are from the recent past. Reviewing previous paintings encourages me because I can see that my skills have improved, my interpretation is better, my compositional skills more solid - what could be a better motivator than to have proof that persistance pays off and you can now attempt challenges you'd not have been able to reach at an earlier time? Challenging myself in every new composition, striving for something that forces me to improve my skills keeps motivation high and the sense of accomplishment when the challenge has been met is an added bonus.
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-16-2012, 01:18 AM

For me if I PAINT EVERY DAY, EVEN IF IT'S JUST FOR A LITTLE WHILE...
I TOOK A CLASS WHERE I HAD TO PAINT EVERY DAY JUST TO KEEP
UP AND NOW I DON'T HAVE THE FEAR I HAD BEFORE, ALSO LISTENING
TO MUSIC I LOVE WORKS FOR ME....
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-21-2012, 08:56 AM
Veteran Member
Nr. Congleton, South Cheshire

Hails from United Kingdom

I often get stuck for what to paint - what subject... I find that looking at the photos in the ref image library right here is enough to set me off - thinking, 'I'd love/got to paint this or that!'.
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-27-2012, 07:56 AM
Suburbia, Maryland

Hails from United States

Be brave and then willing to throw it in the garbage....and I write about it, too!
http://www.mylifewithmonkeys.com/201...o-garbage.html
  #55   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Toronto, Canada

Hails from Canada

My best tip: draw every single day, just for fun.

I also find it hugely motivating to post a daily sketch or drawing online, where I know people can see it. I know this isn't for everyone, but knowing that people are going to be looking at what I post (even if they don't comment) is a creativity boost for me.

I try to post a daily sketch or drawing at DebbieOhi.com every day, plus post on my Facebook page as well.

Debbie
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 02-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Toronto, Canada

Hails from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyqueen
Be brave and then willing to throw it in the garbage....and I write about it, too!
http://www.mylifewithmonkeys.com/201...o-garbage.html

Thanks for posting the link to your blog! I've added it to my Google Reader.

Debbie
  #57   Report Bad Post  
Old 03-02-2012, 04:50 PM

Having a deadline is unquestionably the most useful motivator I've ever had.

Being competitive is probably the next biggest thing. If I see something that's great, I'll instantly be envious of the accomplishment. And that makes me want to paint.

Carrying a sketchbook is important as well. For a few years I tried substituting my iPhone. It doesn't work. I need something real, where I can make marks on a page. Usually they are meaningless. Lots of times I end up writing something instead of making a drawing. But that doesn't matter. The more you do something that can be fun, the more you want to do it.