Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily,Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cameraman

I was having a bit of fun this morn to see if I could bring in lettering and lines clear as possible at 1/400 sec with the flash. It turned out not too bad. I set my EV’S to MINUS 0.66 each and ISO is at ALL AUTO.

What I like is: my S 3 – in its manual – allows me 1/500 top shutter speed with the light and the SX 60 – in the manual – allows 1/2000 sec tops – with the flash – both in TV MODE. These shutter speeds are good for RAMBLING on the MOORS and doing quick images needing a quick wink of light for shadow fill and all. Also, the flash wink may be able to work as a second shutter speed as well – I am not sure on this one.
        I may have been a bit too close for the S 3 here

Norm Dunne
        Lover of the Old Masters Art Period

Norm, I agree with your comment. This one did not come out to clear. Is this a post cropped photo or were you that close? I am sure you are aware of the restrictions on your camera lens and that due to being too close, your camera may not be able to focus on the subject. There were plenty of nice vertical lines as well as light for this to be perfectly in focus. Maybe you were just too close.

I got an idea. Take your camera and flash and go take a photo of an outlet in your house and then upload to the challenge in the Shutterbug that is running for the next 11 days.

Thanks for starting the daily, Norm. I appreciate it.

I saw this bathroom door in one of the fancy hotels that the guys and I from the photo club walked through. I had never seen such a cute door. I snapped this photo quickly. If I had searched for the men’s room and taken a photo of it, I would have looked a little odd. But now I am wondering what the door on the men’s room looked like. It was sort of hidden behind a wall to the left of this entrance.

Have a good day all.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
        Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Cameraman

A most interesting door, Lorell. Would love to the men’s door.

When I saw this image I did, I knew I was a a tad too close for the cam. But I could read the printing and the lines seemed like it was good, but then I knew I was too close. I view all my images from back a couple of paces – not up close, like I would a painting.
            Sometimes, looking at an image from well back makes a big difference – just like it does to a painting that is a mess up close but a masterpiece back a few paces.. Even doing this, I knew I had to take the image from back a bit. My subject is a small area taken from a large one and that does not help the sharpness any either.

Norm Dunne

Cameraman

Lorell
                I had a new look at my container subject and found that it has a good degree of sharpness. Sadly, I did not do as well as I could in my earlier image.

The lettering and lines are much better in this one.

Norm Dunne

yep, that is a better job.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Humburger

Very nifty door, Lorell. I, too, wonder what the men’s room door looked like. LOL!

Norm, the second photo is very good.

Ginny
                    www.virginiacmccoy.com
                    C & C Welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.