Home Forums The Town Center Welcome Forum! Please allow me to introduce myself…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    AndyPaints

…. Andy is my name.

Hi, I am a 60 year young man who really never painted anything in his life until earlier this year. How did I get into painting…. well, it is far from “original”. On my way back from Europe, where I celebrated my 60th B-day with family and friends, I watched an episode of Bob Ross in the plane. I of course had heared of Bob Ross, but never payed attention. After arriving back in the States, I somehow felt the urge to pick up a few brushes and acrylic paints and a stack of (cheap) canvasses. From thereon it was “on”. I am looking forward to see what everyone is doing and to get feedback on my own attempts to create something resembling art :)

Hi Andy, elcome to wetcanvas.

This is a terrific community and a wonderful resource, use the rolling menu bottom right and you will find forums for just about every art and craft medium here including acrylics. It’s worth exploring the full list of the forums. Read the posting rules at the top of the forums there may be restricted posting.

The links in the top line of my signature will help with the forum and how to resize and post your pictures. You can start uploading pictures on your third post.

When you get the uploader box and browse for your photos, make sure you select “All files” or you will not see your jpg files.

If you have a particular site problem, click on my name and send me a private message (pm).

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Greggo

Welcome to the WC Welcome Forum!

There are many artists who first began with Bob Ross!

This is the place to introduce yourself and for us to pass on to you some tips.

There are lots of fine folks here, you can meet many of them as you browse about while exploring the full list of the forums. We are looking forward to seeing your art, and getting to know you!

There are all levels of artists, from many lands, working in virtually all mediums. Newcomers to Art are especially welcome.

Sharing, learning and teaching others is the best way to fan the creative flames.
            The friendly members here will try to help you with any questions you have.

Be sure to review the guidelines for commercial uses,
            Read about the use of images in the Reference Library.
            Links to additional information contained in my signature line below.

(The Abstract & Contemporary Forum is where I am usually found.)

Greggo

https://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/17-Jul-2013/110200-Tatrabanner.jpg [FONT=Times New Roman] Click here for>> WC FAQS >

Jon

Hello, Andy. :)
                Bob Ross has brought many new artists into the fold.
                Wander the halls and explore all the various forums.
                Do not hesitate to jump in and post your work or ask questions.
                FYI
                * You can access any Forum by using the “Forum Jump” located at the bottom right of the screen or the Channels drop down menu at the upper left
                * Moderators and Guides have links in their Signature lines to address FAQ’s
                * There are “Stickys’’ (permanent threads that “stick” at the top of all thread listings) that are full of helpful information.
                *You can use Google Advanced Search to help you locate topics of interest on WC by simply entering WetCanvas in the blank asking for a domain name
                * You must have two written posts prior to being able to upload an image

When you are reading a post inside a thread, as you are now, you will notice another blue bar just atop of your first post. Look toward the right and you will see the Thread Tools option and here is where you click to see options such as choosing to subscribe for an Email update to the thread or add the thread to your favorites so you may easily find it in the future.

Hi, it’s nice to meet you.

Bob Ross is amazing, he has inspired so many to start painting!

Enjoy the forums and be sure to check out the Member FAQ’s for help navigating the forums, posting, inserting images and more. Let us know if you need any help. :)

Welcome to WetCanvas!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
                Find me on Instagram
                Find me on Facebook

AndyPaints

Thanks for the kind words and helpful suggestions. I am looking forward sharing my experiences and, most of all, learning from others.

talisman

WC! is a great place to learn new things and make friends!
                        Look around and find a subject or medium you like, there is truly something for everyone here.
                        Have fun exploring lots of things to do, Learning Areas and Monthly Challenges in several forums.
                        Look at some of the forums and you’ll soon find a fit that’s right for you, or maybe several forums.

Dianna WC! Guide: Fantasy/Sci-Fi Art
                        C and C always welcome.
                        My DeviantArt Gallery

Hello Andy … welcome. You are like a good many of us who cut our teeth with Bob … and many of us are around your age as well. I would suggest perhaps that you spend a little time learning to draw or improve whatever skills you might have. Drawing is at the heart of all art. I started out simply painting in a Bob Ross sort of way but got bored with it after a short time because there was no life in my work. Eventually I learned to draw and haven’t returned to color yet – but when I do I will find much more satisfaction due to my skills in drawing. If what I say makes sense, check out our Free Drawing Classroom.

Enjoy the journey!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.