Home Forums Explore Subjects Figure, The Lifeless Life Drawing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    OK

Dead as a Dodo

:wave: Dave.

“What peaches and what penumbras! Whole families shopping at night! Aisles full of husbands! Wives in the avocados, babies in the tomatoes!—and you, Garcia Lorca, what were you doing down by the watermelons?”
        — Allen Ginsberg
        Are you ready for a Journey?
        PS Critiques always welcome but no plaudits or emoting, please don’t press the like button.

Constance

I don’t find them lifeless. Really like painting no. 2.

Instagram: unsuspectingstrangers

arl

I think these are wonderful. I like the way you used the colour of the paper as the midtone.

Arlene - C & C always appreciated
                instagram.com/ababadart

Someone else must have done them ;)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
                More than happy to receive C&C on anything I post
                Instagram
                https://www.instagram.com/the_henson_gallery/

OK

Hi Constance, your own drawings show glimpses of brilliance so I’m assuming that you know what makes a good drawing? So that’s why I can not work out why you like these sketches, perhaps it is a misguided attempt to be kind?

Hi Arliene, nothing wonderful about these boring sketches, they are with out subject or any interest or reason for being.

David it was that other little boy that did it, not me mister!

“What peaches and what penumbras! Whole families shopping at night! Aisles full of husbands! Wives in the avocados, babies in the tomatoes!—and you, Garcia Lorca, what were you doing down by the watermelons?”
                    — Allen Ginsberg
                    PS Critiques always welcome but no plaudits or emoting, please don’t press the like button.

ArtistOz

Hi Dave, how to put life into a work of art is a secret that escapes most of us, I see you haven’t given up. :) These look like gouache, have you found a life group again?

Bill,
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/artistoz/
                        Instagram, billwperry

OK

Hi Bill, hope things are well with you? Haven’t seen any posts from Mac for a while hope he hasn’t been caught up with the fires.
                            Art and the world are in crises it would be nice to use art to address the disaster but instead I hide from it in meaningless life drawing. We have three life drawing sessions I can attend seems like a lot of locale people are also hiding in the dead life room.

— Allen Ginsberg

Dave I messaged Mac the other day and he’s been very busy but promises to be back soon :)

Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art - Leonardo da Vinci
                            Instagram

Hi Dave, good to see you are still knocking around with pencils and brushes… I guess these studies are still life’s :wink2:

Mac

Got some life outta me. I like them. Fine brushwork!

OK

Thanks for the feedback David,
                                Hi Mac, glad you are well, I had read that Hawkesbury was having problems with the fires, you must be looking forward to the floods :)!
                                Boogi you need to rethink your aesthetic ideas on drawing there is nothing to like about these pathetic drawings.

— Allen Ginsberg

Dave, one day you are going to produce an image you like and then where shall we all be ;)

Instagram

OK

Art shouldn’t be a sugar bowl full of milk David, and neither should criticism.
                                    Maybe some day people will look at my work in a realistic way and give an honest critique and we can all benefit from it.

— Allen Ginsberg

Dave, I totally agree that criticism should be honest but in the days of my archery hobby, one coach knew to find something about beginners or intermediates that was good before improving their form on faults. I can always find something good about your work but i don’t dare tell you ;)

By the way, i still shoot a few arrows when its warm enough :)

edit: by the way, I just looked at your blog for the first time, dare I say there’s some nice stuff in there, but you don’t seem to be updating it.

Instagram

Dave, checking the RFS this morning, the fires round this area that have been burning since October are ‘under control’ and we have had a few mils of light rain, which will really help but it will be a long time till we get enough rain to fill the (40% full) Warragamba and allow any flooding round here!

I ‘m also in David’s archery camp in that I enjoy looking at the efforts of others, and like to mention things I can see that are working, even if the skill level isn’t up to the masters… but I find it much harder to give constructive criticism and usually leave that to Bill :p

Mac

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.