Home Forums Explore Media Pastels Soft Pastel Studio and Gallery My second portrait.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anttikallinen

So i decided to try again, this time i quickly took a couple of photos of my significant other. Needles to say, she didnt want to model and was not prepared :)

This time i made a monocrome green with pencils, it was okay but i messed up some lines and measurement and didnt see them until i colored it more. Also her skin color was hard to make, i probably need more pastels. She has a yellowish brown skin and all my pastels were too dark or too yellow/red whatever.
        Made many layers,this time i didnt use the softer pastels much so i can still change some of this. I think i improved some from my self-portrait, but now much yet.

The photo itself wasnt a flattering one and i think i accidentaly used two different ones, one with her head turned mayby 5 degrees and one with no angle :P

water girl

Don’t be too hard on yourself. I see improvement here. I like the pose. Yes, if not painting from life be sure you have a nicely lit photo, with lovely lights and shadows. Keep going.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Karen, IAPS/MC, PSA WC Moderator-Pastels

web site , Getting started in soft pastels., What you need to know, Critique Guide Lines

Donna T

Oh what beautiful eyes she has! I think you’re improving too and am impressed with your determination to learn. Maybe if you ask very nicely she will pose again in better light (sidelight, perhaps) so you can really see the planes and contours of her face.

Donna
                C&C Always Welcome

Ron

Better than my second portrait! You have much to feel good about on this. Keep on keepin on!

ShaunGamache

I love the pout she has goin on

Shaun Gamache
                        Www.shaungamache.com
                        I Am that I Am
                        C and c welcome

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.