Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia In-a-gadda-da-vida

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Taking the weekend off from commissions to just to be more creative. Trying a different brand on this and working through it. Also went with a dark roast to see what it would do. Coffee on Canvas. 18X24 Still a ways to go with this and more layout to do.

Thanks for lookin’.

It’s looking great and so creative, too, Alfred! I remember that song well!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Thanks Kay. As you can guess there will be a snake in this garden. :)

More work on this from yesterday… still along way to go still.

Thanks for lookin’.

robertsloan2

Oh this is beautiful. Well done and so surreal! Love that cat snarling, could be a house cat or one of the little spotted wildcats!

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
        Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
        blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting

maryinasia

love this!

Thanks Robert and Mary. :) More work on this piece. Sorry for the bad photo. Had allot of trouble with glare this tome. Coffee in Stretched Canvas. 18X24 Hope to get this finished up tonight or early tomorrow.

Thanks for lookin’.

KiwiKate

Amazing!

Kate
                Henderson, Nevada
                C&C always welcomed!

"Never ruin a good day by thinking about a bad yesterday". -- Anon.

Thanks Kate. Finished this one up last night. Coffee and a touch of Gouache on stretched canvas. 18X24. My first painting of 2018.

Thanks for lookin’.

robertsloan2

That’s strange and interesting. I love the surreal beauty of it, her face and the 3D glasses, the monochrome but the implication she might see color through those glasses, the natural bird and cat and snake and all. Love that yelling cat. It’s wonderful. Maybe it’s just that dinner’s late or the other cat took her place on the couch. She Is Not Amused. The ear gesture is perfect, down and to the side, but more in a yelling-mad state than a “hate you and you can’t even see my ears they’re so flat” state. This kitty’s just getting into a loud argument.

Robert A. Sloan, proud member of the Oil Pastel Society
                    Site owner, artist and writer of http://www.explore-oil-pastels-with-robert-sloan.com
                    blogs: Rob's Art Lessons and Rob's Daily Painting

Thanks Robert. I guess it’s true that people view art differently. My vision was in fact… a religious painting. :) The song IN-A-GADDA-DA-VIDA was really called… IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN. When the song was written during Iron Butterfly’s early days. According to drummer Ron Bushy, organist/vocalist Doug Ingle wrote the song one evening while drinking an entire gallon of Red Mountain wine. When the inebriated Ingle then played the song for Bushy, who wrote down the lyrics for him, he was slurring his words so badly that what was supposed to be “in the Garden of Eden” was interpreted by Bushy as “In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida”. Catalogs.com confirmed that the song “was supposed to have been named ‘In The Garden of Eden’, but the singer was slurring his words when he told Ron Bushy, the drummer, the title, and the garbled name stuck.” So in his you have Eve with her eyes opened to sin. the serpent tempting Eve with the apple and I also added the 7 Deadly Sins, written throughout along with some flowers and critters in the garden.

Love it!

Christel

Triduana

This is superb! I love this. Great back story too, I will have to look the song up. Thanks also for the explanation of the work, I enjoy paintings that have a story to them. :thumbsup:

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Merriweather

It is so very nice. I love your theme story.

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.