Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes Lake View

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    TomMather

Still waiting for fall colors to reach their peak in central NC, so I had to settle for this lone sycamore tree highlighted by the morning sun on the shores of Falls Lake in Raleigh. Painted in oils on an 8×10 panel.

Reddyman

Nice work Tom…love that water and touches of light throughout the entire piece. Well done.
            John

Bardo

Very nice light. We are past it now here in MD. bare poles in a week or two. Great job.

Ohiohawk97

Love this Tom! The greens are beautiful and fantastic job with the water and dappled light.

Wes

Skyenorth

This really is lovely! it has such a life like quality about it. I feel as if I am there gazing at the beautiful light on the water.

[URL=http://www.simmillarts.co.uk
                        http://simmill-arts.blogspot.com/
                        Success is never found. Failure never fatal. Courage is the only thing.
                        Winston Churchill.

maryinasia

beautiful!

TomMather

Thanks for the kind remarks. I dreaded painting the water in this scene, but it ended being my favorite part of the finished piece.

Dorrart

Love the shifting focus and the light effects on the water. I really like the water. Good job with the trees too. Nice work.

- David

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." --Picasso

Humburger

Wow! The light is beautiful.

Ginny
                                        www.virginiacmccoy.com
                                        C & C Welcome

Old Radagast

Ah, I love sycamores! Definitely a tree for artists. While their fall color is often mediocre, their gnarled, looming shapes and stunning bark more than make up for it. This is a great spotlight painting on that little tree. Lovely light that sends a clear message about the coming autumn.

Matthew

Still much to paint and much to learn!
                                            My blog: https://autumnglade.blogspot.com/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.