Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub WC Shutterbug Topic Challenge #44 , FeathersFeathered Friends, Feb 25-Mar 10, 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

WC Shutterbug Pub Topic Challenge (PLEASE no critiques)

Welcome to WC’s Shutterbug Pub Topic Challenge where every two weeks a topic will be posted in a thread and you will have the opportunity to post images that you have taken that you think satisfy the topic. You are only limited by your imagination. Please read the guidelines before posting.
    Topic :Feathers or Feathered Friends

This topic will end: March 10, 2018
    Guidelines:
    1) All photos submitted must be yours.
    2) All entries are to be posted directly by each member into this thread in the SHUTTERBUG PUB.
    3) You may post more than one image, however, please submit only one photo per post.
    4) We hope that his activity inspires you to shoot new images and not just pull from your archives. However, images from your archives WILL be allowed as long as your image has NOT been previously posted on Wet Canvas.
    5) You may use software to manipulate or enhance your images.
    6) Since this activity is running in the Shutterbug Forum, if you wish to comment on any entry, we ask that you limit your comments to praise and applause.
    7) Every other Sunday, a new topic challenge will begin.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Preening Pelicans

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

maryinasia

cool! extra points for alliteration?

Anonymous

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I’m seeing a photo of Coca Cola (same shot as in today’s Daily) – no Pelicans, no feathers.

okay, I can fix that.
            Dave, can you see the pelicans now?
            LORELL
            PS. THanks for letting me know. Something weird really happened.

Anonymous

Yes, I see them.

Nice image – I like the interesting postures, the composition, and how the colors and values are repeated in several elements.

Don

Great Blue Herons nest building.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
                    Immortalized forever
                    With silver and light"

Irishwhistler

[IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/25-Feb-2018/986611-DSC_3425-Edit.jpg[/IMG]

Great Blue Herons nest building.

Spectacular Don.:thumbsup:

Mike 🍀

Irishwhistler

RED BELLIED WOODPECKER
                            [ATTACH]854851[/ATTACH]

Mike 🍀

maryinasia

these are amazing!

I totally agree, amazing.

Don, how did you happen to be taking this shot at the same level as the nest?

Mike, the sunlight really aided in accentuating the colors and details.

Don

We were at Viera Wetlands down in Florida, at some impound ponds. The roadway around the ponds was elevated somewhat, but I was actually below the level of the nest. But since I was so far away (long lens) I suppose it makes it appear as if it were taken at eye level.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
                                    Immortalized forever
                                    With silver and light"

Irishwhistler

I totally agree, amazing.

Mike, the sunlight really aided in accentuating the colors and details.

Thanks kindly Mary and Lorell.👍

Mike🍀

graemek

Three corbies at Rosslyn Chapel, Scotland

Anonymous

These are terrific!

Nice work, Don, Mike, and Graeme.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.