Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily, Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Wide awake at 01:30 – might as well start a Daily.

Pippin, relaxed but alert…

A rather amorphous, undefined blob of a rose bud…

Have a good day/evening, everyone.

damar

Thanks For Starting the Daily, Pippin!
            Hi Dave!
            “Blob of a Rose Bud”
            awww! it does have a nice touch of light tho!

Here’s one from my 2008 Archive
            Nikon D200

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
            Photos are ©2021
            Anonymous

I have been going through old pics of Italy. We were in Rome for May Day which is their largest National holiday.

Anonymous

Shapes

Good day all. I don’t know where this day has gone.
                    I have been sitting here for at least an hour watching a free Creative Live Class on how to take photographs of animals. For the last 45 minutes the photographers have been trying to take photos of puppies and kitties. OMG, I am tired just watching them. You have to have so much patience and not a lot of expectation. You hope you get lucky, especially with puppies and kittens.

Dave, thanks for starting the daily. Your Pippin shot is awesome, of course we know that Pippen is quite photogenic and you are a good photographer. Nice portrait, Dave.

Patty,
                    That is such a interesting flowers. It almost doesn’t look real, maybe as if you painted that bright yellow in the center.

Grant,
                    The one shot of the cliffs with the columned structure embedded in the side of the cliffs is beautiful. It looks like a painting that belongs printed and hanging on a wall. I also love the painting of the Holy Family on what looks like concrete. In spite of the deteriorating condition of the painting, the lighting still looks great.

I went to my March 2020 file where I have already forgotten which photos I have used and not used. So, I shall post this one. I don’t think I shared this one yet

Do you see all SEVEN white pelicans?

lorell

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

damar

Grant, those are some amazing photos from Italy.
                        The structure that is notched into the cliff must be ancient.
                        I wonder how many times (if any) the top was rebuilt/renovated?
                        The painting is very interesting and so exposed to the elements!

Hi Lorell, yep!
                        I see 7 pelicans! Great capture!
                        That flower I posted? I really don’t like how washed out the
                        lavender petals are! They seem so dull compared to the brilliant yellow center! Its disappointing color-wise!
                        What you see it what it was!

Another rainy/drizzly day here today.
                        I saw a really cool hammock shaped web this morning out walking the dogs
                        (light drizzle) and went back with my camera later in the day and
                        I could hardly find it because it just went so flat and un-noticeable.
                        Funny how that happens.

Looked around the house for a subject..ehhh
                        Its so dull and overcast that it affects indoor ambient light.
                        Soooo–maybe some sunlight tomorrow!

Fujifilm X100F, XT20 + Nikon Camera Bodies & Lenses
                        Photos are ©2021
                        Anonymous

Lorell,
                            Your Pelicans could be a Quote for the daily. It is beautiful!
                            Patty,
                            I think colour can be brought back with certain programs. Cap 1 Pro Ver 6
                            I thought I had lost this image because I set the camera for exposure compensation and the I was in a hurry and forgot to change my settings back.
                            I spent a week figuring out the program, but I got something better and that was 8 years ago.

Your Pelicans could be a Quote for the daily.

Thanks, Grant, but it did not bring anything to mind.

You certainly did recover the color and contrast in the “Tail of the Whale”. Sounds like a book title.

Software now-a-days makes our job of improving our photos more efficient and better quality, just as long as we don’t get out of control. You did a fine job and it was nice of you to share the original just to help us validate why we keep so many of our mediocre photos. Yes, I said mediocre but NOT ANY MORE! I just love the water dripping from the end of the tail.

Patty, Severn eyes balls, 7 pelicans. I love playing games.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                            Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Anonymous

Nice flower, Damar. Washed out lavenders? If you hadn’t mentioned it I would have assumed that’s just the interesting way the flower looked.

Grant, I enjoyed your various Italy photos. Some reminded me of photos my daughter has taken on her various European trips.

Great group pelican shot, Lorell. I noticed that the two in almost identical postures seem to bookend the group, while the others have their heads in different positions. Neat!

OOOPS! Nearly made an embarassing typo with the word “shot”: the “o” and the ‘i” sit right next to each other.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.