Home Forums Explore Media Fiber Arts Stitch in Time September 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Debby

Fall has come early to my little corner of the world. We had a sudden drop in temperatures both day and night. I expect to hear elk bugling in the forest soon as they go into rut. The leaves are thinking about turning color. I’ve seen a few on the trees on our street. Hopefully fall will last a while before winter hits.

I’m still struggling to breathe if I exert myself. Went out to dinner last night and we parked far enough from the front entrance to the restaurant, I had to stop and catch my breath 3 times. Then, it took an hour to get our meal. The new owners are friends of ours. I pointed out that as much as they have increased their reputation and are getting more customers, they are going to have to increase their staff and get the food out sooner or they are going to start losing customers again.

Hope everyone is busy doing fiber things and wishing you all clear air and cooler temperatures.

Debby
        Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Together with allRuth’s knitting friends, they are going to flood the village with knitted and crocheted poppies on 11th November, the 100th anniversary of the end of World War1. A local store id to have horse statue to commemorate the local country house which was made a remount depot for the thousands of horses set to France to support the army.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Debby

Doug, what a remarkable undertaking. Wishing Ruth and her friends the best and supple hands to do the work.

Debby
            Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Here’s her saddle (purple poppies for the horse)

A crown roundel for the local post office (poor photo)

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Lena

Doug what a lovely undertaking! Our group did a poppy thing a few years ago for the Valour House, down the street from us. They are a place that armed forces personnel, police, RCMP, firefighters and their families can stay if they are undergoing medical or rehabilitation treatment, for free. They pull out those poppies every year.

The wedding went well. When I get home and to a real computer I will share photos. I spent the morning of the wedding altering a bridesmaids dress. The bridesmaid was 8 months pregnant and they had ordered an XL size but the bodice had to be altered and a friend had tried. I got panic message from my daughter and they dropped off the dress at the hotel with needles and thread. I had to undo the fixes and remove the sleeves, adjustment the zipper but it all worked and she looked lovely. I finished well with in the time required.
                The day before we all helped with setting up the hall and decorating it.
                The ceremony was held in the park and the weather was lovely. It was a fun and kwerky ceremony. The groom had a “best woman” instead of a man. One of his best friends is a dwarf and he was also a groom’s man.
                The flower girl was sick so my granddaughter got to be it at the last minute. The 3 year old wouldn’t hold still long enough to be the ring bearer…
                Today was a relax and eat out day.

Doll Art by Lena

Debby

Doug, amazing work.

Lena, glad the wedding went well. I remember my son being ring bearer at my sister’s wedding. He was four, but, yeah, in a tux and suddenly interrupting the ceremony because he had to go to the toilet. :lol: They are a handful at that age.

I seem to have hit a bit of a relapse. I was so wasted yesterday and I pushed it trying to get the chores done that DH said he was going to do but didn’t. :rolleyes: However, I didn’t get them done either. I only got part of them done before I collapsed into a chair for the rest of the day. Went to bed early and slept 10 hours. Got up this morning with nausea and running to the toilet. Took over the counter meds to stop both and fell asleep again. bleh!

Debby
                    Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Lena

Debbie give yourself some slack and time to heal!

I am now staying at my daughter’s no air-conditioning!
                        This morning I went to the harbour and walked up the hill to the yarn store then I had to sit for awhile to catch my breath and cool down. That was hard on the wallet because I found so much lovely yarn…..
                        Being on the coast it is humid here so it feels a lot hotter also my breathing is not used to it, but there is no smoke!

Doll Art by Lena

Debby

Lena, sorry about the no A/C. Looking forward to seeing all those lovely yarns.

Yes, I need to take it easy and heal. I’ve told DH I’m on sick leave. I’m not doing chores of any sort. They’ll have to just pile up if he won’t do them. I need to get where I can walk from one end of my tiny house to the other without losing my air. The clinic gave me more meds and admonished me to rest. So, nothing happening here. I’m resting.

Debby
                            Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Lena

I and the kids had a great time at IKEA today. We love that place. We had got Luc to measure the lower kitchen cabinets so we could get some storage solutions. There are no shelves in them. Unfortunately we didn’t supervise it and the measurements were all wrong so the unit doesn’t fit by several inches.
                                In the discount area my daughter found a king-sized pure linen sheet for $20. Which is amazing. Also a duvet with linen top same price. They filled the bin as we got to the area so we got first dibs.
                                As we got to the check out with that and 3 shelving units and realized that I had a Micra. However it is a hatchback and with one seat folded down and Luc a bit scrunched up we got everything and everyone in.
                                Today was nice and cool so I am comfortable.

Doll Art by Lena

Debby

Lena, need to teach Luc how to measure things. :lol: That was an amazing find with the linen bed things. If I’d have found that, I’d have bought the sheets simply for the material. Can’t buy linen yardage at that price. Glad you are cool again. Fall is almost here.

I’m still resting. Tho’ with the new round of meds I’m doing better being able to move without losing my air. The house is a mess. DH doesn’t see the same urgency to get things done that I do. (And I’m not the most stringent of house keepers either.) Eventually I’ll get better enough to slowly start putting things to rights again.

Debby
                                    Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Lena

Yes those sheets are becoming fabric! Here $20 won’t get you a yard of real linen fabric.

Take care of yourself! Your health is worth more than some housework.

Doll Art by Lena

Lena

From the weather reports it seems I am flying home on Wednesday from being steamed to snow……

Doll Art by Lena

Debby

Lena, travel can do that to you, hot to cold. Have a safe flight.

I’m not sick anymore, but still recovering. I’ve been able to do a bit of critter sewing and am now down to 3 critters to be re-made. Soon, I hope to get back to the doll.

Debby
                                                Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Lena

Merry Christmas!
                                                    There is snow on the ground and it is still falling. :eek: :eek: When we landed the pilot joked that they were flying back to Ontario and it was not too late to get tickets.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Doll Art by Lena

Debby

Lena, snow is better than smoke in the air. Tho’ isn’t it a bit early even for you to have snow?

We don’t have snow, we are having rain. And it is welcome. There has been so much smoke and particulate in the air the rain will clean that up. Now, if the farmers will refrain from burning fields as soon as the rain stops, we can actually breathe again.

Been knocking down the critters one by one. I’ve got a little bit more to do on the dragon, then there are only 2 more critters to go. Still trying to get my stamina back. It’s coming, just slow. It’s times like this I wish I were younger and healed faster.

Debby
                                                        Guide - Fiber Art Forum

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.