Home Forums Explore Media Fiber Arts Some WIPs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    NerfHerder

I wanted to post something, since it’s been a long time since I’ve logged in and I haven’t put up any projects before. :wave:

I’m working on some commissioned customized Christmas stockings (I way underpriced these so the lady’s getting a great deal for the amount of work put in already), and my very first cardigan. If I can find a photo of them, I’ll put up some convertible mittens I’m kluging together from two or three different patterns. :crossfingers:

Beginning of a cardigan

One set of customized stockings in acrylic yarn

A second set of stockings, different pattern, in wool and alpaca (for Santa’s fuzzy beard)

The two stockings are worked from vintage patterns (1950’s era) and I’m attempting to match the family’s existing stockings as closely as I can.

Nice work on the stockings. As you say lots of work.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Debby

Lots of things going. They look great. Learn the lesson and charge more next time. :)

Debby
            Guide - Fiber Art Forum

:clap: Great work on the stockings. Very cute pattern – how delightful that you can help keep a tradition going – even if a lot of work for lesser money. ;)

Glad to see what you posted, and look forward to more.

Jen

Jennifer Landau
            Proud to be published in Art Quilting Studio magazine and educating about wool at The Great Dickens Christmas Fair.

Wow, those are great, what a lucky lady!

Nice start on the cardigan, I like that wool.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

NerfHerder

Thank you for the kind words, everyone!

Debby, I will definitely charge more next time – even if people’s perceived value of such a project doesn’t match my price!

Virginia, I really like the wool as well – it’s a Malabrigo wool/silk blend and so far has been a real treat. The fabric is really soft.

Lena

Those are amazing christmas stockings! Great job.

Pricing knitting is always hard. Which is why I don’t sell mine. Someone once asked me for a price on socks and I said “Well 30 hours at $10, that makes $300 plus materials” She just about fell over in shock. I refuse to work at less then minimum wage for a skilled craft.

Doll Art by Lena

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.