Home Forums Explore Media Acrylics Color therapy

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Cherylkanuck

This is done with golden acrylics on an 11×14 inch canvas. This was an excersize in intuitive painting. I realize the background music i chose plays a considerable role in how active the painting gets. I really enjoyed the process and would really love feedback on it. I plan on giving this to a good friend of mine that loves alot of color in a more abstract form but i want too make sure it comes across as pleasing and not just busy. I love all the textures shapes and colors but would like to know what others think about it. I am putting it up here as opposed to Facebook because i want some objective opinions on how it makes people feel. Thank you.

55elena13

I like this painting, even if it looks at first sight busy, it conveys to me a quietness. You use soft contrasts and the complementary colors are mostly of the same value.
            The textures are great!

Makes me feel of growth, positive renewal and yes, peace, tranquility.

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

DMSS

Great sense of light and color in this painting. Not too busy. Very pleasing.

--David

willow33

This has a luminosity that is very appealing. It fizzes gently and the movement goe up like bubbles… I like it!

jocko500

it like bubble music would look like you know The Lawrence Welk Show https://youtu.be/CxctPKvD8Xc

ideas is like the stars in Heaven, just grab one and hang on and if it do not work out grab another one:)

Spring bursting from a frozen undergrowth.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
                        -Helen Keller
                        The question is not what you look at, but what you see.
                        -Henry David Thoreau

Cherylkanuck

Thank you for all your gracious responses. I love how everyone gets something a little different from it. I hope my friend likes it. I’m interested to hear what she sees and feels with the painting.

Very lively and the blue is like water, I think of an ocean garden.

C&C always welcome. Michelle

mkmcreations.com
                            Every painting is a new adventure.

Dcam
                                dave woody

Very lovely

oldnmartist

I like it, but think that the heavy lines in it detract a bit.

Everything else being equal, I would rather be in the painting zone.

Dorrart

Nice abstract! Good colors and movement; real nice textures.

- David

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." --Picasso

Mary Smith

Beautiful colors and I love the textures and the orbs remind me of bubbles.
                                                I think your friend will love it.

Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.
                                                Stephen King

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.