Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug PUB Daily, Friday, November 29, 2019

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

TGIF everyone!

Earlier today was one of those wonderful “after the rain” mornings when everything seems so clean and bright and hopeful. I took some shots of succulents amd potted veggies in the front yard, but the main attraction was a rainbow. As someone noted a day or so ago, photos of rainbows aften fail to capture their beauty. But I keep trying because I figure if the day comes when I can’t appreciate the glorious miracle of a rainbow, then as they say – stick a fork in me because I’m done.

[Nikon D7500 + Nikkor 18-300mm taken @ 18mm, manual mode, 1/1250 sec, f/3.5, ISO 100, processed in ACR & PSCS5]

This rainbow was so wide that I couldn’t back up far enough to get it all in one shot. And I think I detect a hint of a double rainbow.

Don

Good afternoon Dave and any who visit today. DW and I go home from visiting our daughter and having fun with her newborn, Jack. :) DW has been there for quite some time now, but I was able to convince her to return home today. Which is good because we leave a week from Monday for a 5 day camping trip to the Georgia coast.

I did finally make it Old Car City, a junkyard that has been around for 88 years. Got a lot of photos of old cars. I’m glad I went but not sure I will go again. The price of admission seems a little steep to me, but for a one time visit it was worth it.

Photo site - http://donlwilliamsphotography.com

"A moment in time
            Immortalized forever
            With silver and light"

Greenhill

Dave, Don, both nice pictures.

Dave, did you find the pot of gold at the end of that rainbow? It would have enhanced your shares portfolio considerably!

From yesterday’s walk with Salina and Mad Max the retriever …

1/4000, f/4.5, ISO 800, 60mm (FF=120mm) continuous at 60fps

1/1000, f/4.5, ISO 800, 60mm (FF=120mm) continuous at 60fps

1/1250, f/4.5, ISO 800, 23mm (FF=46mm) continuous at 60fps

MY FLICKR
                OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Well, I did next to nothing today. It was rather relaxing.

Right now I am packing my photo equipment for tomorrow’s photo shoot of the Pere Marquette Engine #1225, our clubs annual trip to watch the big iron horse go flying past a bunch of photographer trying desperately to get one good shot of her. I am taking my new camera and hoping for the best. I even made a cheat card and now just have to remember to take it. Wait, I will put it in my camera bag right now. :wink2:

Mark,
                Nice photos of your daughter, Salina, and Mad Max. Does Mad Max fit his name? He sure looks like he enjoys fetching. These are good actions shots. All is so nice and green. And the light you captured was well metered. Such a flattering light on Salina.

I took a photo of my dog Ella, you’ll find it in the Games challenge thread in the Shutterbug forum.

Don,
                I think I saw on line that the cost was $30 to visit the car park. The owner has to pay the taxes on that land somehow. Thanks for giving us a preview of what’s yet to come. I think we have something like that across the Blue Water Bridge in Canada, at least I think so. I would like to go at least once too. Were there a lot of people in the park besides you? How long were you there taking photographs?

Dave, Thanks for starting the daily. The rainbow is well defined and bright too. Look at those two ROYAL PALMS. Those are so tall, it truly amazes me how they can withstand the high winds and their roots are just a big ball.

Well, got to get my thick winter’s jacket, gloves and hat ready too. Temps all day will only be between 33 and 35 degrees. It is going to be a cold one. But at least there is no rain forecasted.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Anonymous

I like your photo of that neat old vehicle, Don.

Nice set of action shots, Mark; I especially like #2. No I didn’t follow the rainbow seeking the proverbial pot of gold – I figured it would have been 100 feet or more beneath the Pacific.

Lorell, I’d say you earned a restful day. I’m looking forward to seeing your locomotive photos.

Greenhill

Right now I am packing my photo equipment for tomorrow’s photo shoot of the Pere Marquette Engine #1225, our clubs annual trip to watch the big iron horse go flying past a bunch of photographer trying desperately to get one good shot of her. I am taking my new camera and hoping for the best. I even made a cheat card and now just have to remember to take it. Wait, I will put it in my camera bag right now. :wink2:

Consider your settings carefully, have your camera preset and all will be well. I am quietly optimistic that the day will be yours, Lorell.

Mark,
                        Nice photos of your daughter, Salina, and Mad Max. Does Mad Max fit his name? He sure looks like he enjoys fetching. These are good actions shots. All is so nice and green. And the light you captured was well metered. Such a flattering light on Salina.

Actually, his name is just Max. I added the ‘Mad’ because that’s what he is, disobedient, hyperactive and uncompliant. He has two modes – stopped and flat chat!

I took a photo of my dog Ella, you’ll find it in the Games challenge thread in the Shutterbug forum.

It’s as good a dog shot as I’ve seen.

MY FLICKR
                        OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
                        The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.