Home Forums Explore Subjects Florals and Botanical Calendulas (Flower of the Month Series)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lawrence Fox

A couple of years ago, to start stretching my painting muscles, I decided to paint a series–all of the various “Flowers of the Month” (and there are a couple of different lists, too :)).

Now that I’m back from my hiatus from painting, I’ve started it up again where I left off. Here’s a couple of calendulas, October’s FOM. (It was really difficult to find a good reference photo, so these are actually from an on-line “colouring book” that I found of all the flowers of the month.

Ink and wash in a Stillman & Birn Beta sketchbook. I do really love that
        surface for this kinda stuff.

(But I think I need to start taking pictures with my “real” digicam instead of my cellphone :)).

Lawrence

Lawrence Fox Thornhill, ON
        “Try not. Do, or do not. There is no 'try.'” -- Yoda

“ I have never failed; I have, however, found ten thousand ways that don’t work”. :lol: -- Unknown
        See my LinkedIn profile or follow me on Twitter: @TheWizardGuy

Shanec

Good sense of volume with the flower petals and use of colour Lawrence, a great sketch.

Shane

https://artbyshanec.com

Very impressive!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

It’s a lovely painting of calendulas but I do think the photo lets you down!:( ……. is the work on white paper? – if so, photo it during good daylight for a better contrast!:)

Cheers, Maureen

Forum projects: Plant Parade projects in the Florals/Botanicals forum , WDE in the All Media Art Events , Different Strokes in Acrylics forum .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.