Home Forums Explore Subjects Art Journals life class on sunday

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhere

models on Sunday –

Gymnasia[/URL] – with Andy and Valerie, who had come up from London for the day.

Done in a 20 x 15 inch sketchbook
        watercolour and charcoal

Nice!

Maria - Made in Portugal
        "Really I don't like human nature unless all candied over with art" - Virginia Woolf

https://womenwagepeace.org.il/en/

Munin Raven

Great sketch. It’s not often (at least to me) to see the result of a life class that has more than one subject. And those subjects interact and form meaning beyond just one person sitting on a plywood box. I’ve never understood that. Well, I guess I maybe have understood that in it’s fullest context, and it’s just a real shame.

Still, very nice sketch that captures the holding/embracing feeling. Far away from hugging and crying.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. " Elwood P. Dowd

Sketch-Blog
            vhere

yes, the 2 models and their interaction was fantastic to draw – but 2 figures in 20 minutes wasn’t easy!

I agree, when you get a model just sitting or lying or standing in a not-particularly-interesting way the exercise is more about observation and trying to catch the stress/relaxation of muscles and the finished image just not so interesting.

The colleague who organised it is planning to bring them up from London again, which would be great..:)

Joan T

Nice to see the interaction between the models. Well done!

[FONT=Book Antiqua]Joan T
                    [FONT=Book Antiqua]www.watercolorsbyjoan2.blogspot.com

eyepaint

Aha another two-person study :)

-- EP Moderator for:
                        All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.