WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Pastels > Materials
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Lord of the Arts
Finland

Hails from Finland
Re: Sennelier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMaybe
HI. Just my 2 cents here, interesting subject. I love the senni's--they have colors that are hard to find, and they are so soft you can use them over others for the final touches. I admit, tho, I love all the pastels out there (yes, I have it bad)------but would never sell the senni's short. Like the lady said, for the sticks that fall apart--put them back together! Sorry you had trouble, tho.

What are these hard find colours?
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 01-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Lord of the Arts
San Francisco

Hails from United States
Re: Sennelier

Not sure what the "hard to find" colors are, although Sennelier has so MANY, I don't doubt some of them cannot be found anywhere else.

I've not had the massive crumbling problem with my Senneliers; minor ones yes, but then I'm a very light touch AND, I keep some of the rock hard ones (I LIKE them!) on hand for doing detail and/or line work. Very handy that way!

That said, I've supplemented my soft soft collection with Schmincke, which I like. But as far as I'm concerned, no one makes the luscious high key colors that Sennelier does, and I'll continue to buy those.

I did branch out (just for the halibut) and bought some Terry Ludwigs and these taupe - brown neutrals are exquisite and so creamy I want to eat them.

I suspect to some degree one's choice of pastels is almost as emotional as it is a $$ or color consideration. Some just feel better in your fingers!