Home Forums Explore Subjects Landscapes Finished Previous WIP – "Nukdik Point Haines"

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Scott Anthony

Here’s the finished piece I posted last month as a work-in-progress. As expected, I had a lot of trouble getting the foreground to be the way I wanted, but I’m happy with it now.

The painting is not as dark as the image appears. I think it is just underexposed.

“Nukdik Point, Haines” oil on panel, 16″ x 20″

Scott Anthony
        https://www.santhony.com

Reddyman

Scott

This turned out just so beautiful. I love everything about it Your play of reflected light and contrasts throughout and your wonderful tonal values make this a feast for the eyes.
            The grasses and rocks in the forefront turned out terrific….all in all you should be proud . Love it.
            John

oldnmartist

I appreciate how you managed to work a bit of green even in the far hills or mountains.

Everything else being equal, I would rather be in the painting zone.

Fantastic!

Christel

Wonderful painting throughout, especially the foreground. Incredible tonal variations.

You have a wonderful control of painting. It is a beautiful result to my eyes. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

it’sALLart

This is masterful. What makes it work so well for me is the composition, which many artists seem to forget to think about. The eye is lead right into the painting and there’s no big center object to ruin things here. Great work!

Ohiohawk97

This turned out fantastic Scott! Love the foreground leading to that spectacular background.

Wes

Konfuzd

Wow!

C & C is A-OK!

Arnie

Love the depth, mood, and light on the water. The fg has turned out nicely. Masterful.
                                Arnie

RandyP

Fantastic work!! You brought it to completion with a masterful touch. I was looking forward to seeing the finish on this one and it was worth the wait. Stunning painting!!!

Randy

DreyDay

I like the whole theme you have with all those blue hues that accentuate the landscape. It helps give this landscape a cooler more misty atmosphere. I also like how the foreground doesn’t have one sole main attraction, but its richness of detail is in fact what leads us to admire, then look up and see the majestic background of the mountains. I appreciate your detail you put into this painting too, as I am a detail-heavy artist and know the patience it takes to make all that. Thanks for sharing!

Scott Anthony

I am away for the weekend playing with a couple of Trad Jazz bands at a festival, but I just wanted to quickly thank everyone for their very complimentary comments. They make me feel very good! :)

Scott Anthony
                                            https://www.santhony.com

sevan

This is wonderful, I can feel the weather on my face just looking at it. The sense of distance and scale is right on.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.