Home Forums The Town Center All Media Art Events DWE 27Mar Boot sign

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

My version and crop of the boot sign in oil pastels, 8.5×5″, in a bit over 2hrs – I somehow lost track of the time with all the interruptions.

Christel

ConnieT

Hey Christel, this is beautiful! You really captured the vibes on this one. Oil pastels the perfect medium!

Wonder why no comments??? Oh! Yes, I found it on page 2 of the thread. Maybe this will raise it to the top and others will see it.

ConnieT[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]

In a world where you can be anything... be kind. :heart:

CoalTip

i like what you did. Excellent capturing of the neon effect. beautiful composition.

Critics & Comments Always Welcome
            SketchBooks[2014[/B]][/SIZE] [2015[/B]][/SIZE]

Thanks Connie and Coaltip!

Christel

lisilk

I love this. Was hoping someone would do it. Nice job capturing the look of neon. That is not easy to do!

Li

C & C Always Welcome My RIL Images My Art and Photos[/URL]

She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she had won. - Matt Baker

Thanks Li. You’re right about not being easy. I have a daughter who likes giving comments and that helps many times:angel:

Christel

Heliosart

This one is a real challenge for several reasons (rendition of the neon light AND intricate position of the body AND… those hands)! And I’m still wondering if I should have a go myself… Maybe! LOL
                    One thing for sure: I would never dare to try it in OPs unless for a “in the spirit of”!
                    You did a nice job , Christel!

tyree

wonderful neon colours !!!

tyree :clap:

'art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known'.....oscar wilde

eyepaint

Oh! So well done!!

-- EP Moderator for:
                            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

Clever crop, Christel, on the sign w/ added dark background!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

bjcpaints

Great job! Love the bright colors you got with those Ops!!

Barbara
                                "Painting is an attempt to come to terms with life. There are as many solutions as there are human beings."
                                George Tooker 1920 - 2011

Thanks Heliosart, Tyree, EP, Kay and Barbara! That’s what I like and dislike about op’s – very high chroma!

Christel

dupliKate

This reference makes for a very tricky drawing….twisted torso…hands…guitar….I was too chicken….but you pulled it off! The oil pastels were perfect for the colour needed in this. Really turned out well!

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
                                    ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
                                    http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

tonian

It really looks like a neon light. Well done!

:thumbsup:

Thanks Duplikate and Tonian!

Christel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.