WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Fiber Arts
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-24-2019, 03:40 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada
Re: Stitch in Time July 2019

Good for getting the book commission, family often isn't that supportive.

Today is baking day. My raspberry bushes are going crazy. We picked 4 cups in the last 2 days and there are lots of unripe ones still there. We planted these 2 years ago. last year I got maybe one cup, perfect for over ice cream, This year I have already eaten a cup before these 4 cups. I am making GF raspberry coffee cake with streusel topping. I may make some muffins with them too and freeze the muffins. I also have to make broth with the bones of the turkey I made on Sunday but I will do that in the instant pot because it is quicker.

The weather has been horrible, first heat warnings and then severe thunderstorms. I feel trapped.

(By the way what was that post the disappeared?)
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-24-2019, 05:51 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, sorry the weather is still messing with you. Awesome about your raspberry crop. My raspberry canes all died off. Still have blackberries but they aren't ripe for a while yet. All the goodies sound wonderful. The posts that disappeared were started by a new user asking a weird question. You asked what they were in reference to and I noted it might be spam. The admin Jon deleted the posts. I'm guessing the new user wasn't playing nice.

I finished the book. It'll be mailed off today. Still waiting on the person who asked for a custom pocket dragon to buy the listing. If they don't that's fine. I'm not sure I wanted to make it anyway. Now, what's next...? Maybe embroidery, maybe dolls. I have an idea for creating the structure of the doll head using layers of felt. Saw a video of a woman who makes anthropomorphic dolls using felted wool from sweaters to build up the heads. Not exactly what I was looking for but it triggered an idea I want to try.
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-27-2019, 01:47 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I have started freezing raspberries in 2 cup lots. I made the coffee cake and the muffins, now frozen. And the soup.
The weather is still not nice. We had one nice day and now it is hot, muggy and overcast and the bugs are ferocious.

I have been mostly knitting and reading. And going shopping with my sister.

This is a new cowl from when I started it. I finished it and I need to block it. I am not sure who it is for. The colours are wrong for my youngest and I can't make up my mind if I like it enough to keep it.
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-27-2019, 05:43 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, what would you do with it if you don't keep it? Eventually, the weather will turn to snow again. Then the bugs will be gone.

Did get the order for the commissioned dragon. Finished it and shipped it off. The destination is the town where my critters are in the gallery gift shop. I'm wondering if they saw my stuff there and then found me online. If so, that's actually pretty cool.
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-28-2019, 10:30 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I can donate it to the pride centre. I did that last fall. They used two shawls I made as door prizes at different functions.
The problem I have is that the colours are the ones I always wore for work. I look good in them but, been there, done that. It is blocking now, 24 hours and it is still very damp.

I spent a few hours working on the doll today. I was only going to do a little bit but I kept going back each time to do a bit more.
I think I need new glasses.
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-29-2019, 05:52 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, I understand the work thing. I have completely changed my wardrobe since I'm no longer working. Even being able to wear casual at work, I've changed what I wear. So glad to hear you are working on the doll again. And, if you need new glasses, go get them. You will be so much better off being able to see clearly. It's so important when working on fine detail.

Finished the last re-make on the dragons. Now, it's my turn to face the doll I'm working on. At least I have an idea to try. Trying it will tell if it'll work on not. I don't have much confidence.
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-30-2019, 04:47 PM
Enthusiast
Edmonton Alberta

Hails from Canada

I finished the "Elven Hood". It took over 48 hours to dry.
I am still in two minds about it. The photos don't do the colours justice. Some bits are like rayon and shine while others are dull. The photo is washed out. It is really a rich camouflage colour range.

#38   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-30-2019, 05:08 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Lena, it looks lovely. Not something I would wear, but for others, it's just their style.

So, I've given up, temporarily, on the small 8 inch (20cm) doll. I just can't seem to get the features on that small of a head. I'm looking to size up somewhere around a 12 inch (30,5 cm) and see where that leads me.