Home Forums Explore Subjects Still Life Coffee time

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Not sure of the size of this painting I did years ago. I gave it to my sister who recently messaged me with this pic attached. I had forgotten it, but after seeing it again I’m remembering it was an oil sketch I did for a painting class in college.

This is my kind of art! Love the simple coffee pot on a hot burner doing its thing with kitchen curtains in the background. I know your sis treasures it!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

AllisonR

Charming and fresh, has a nice glow.

Being born places you at a greater risk of dying later in life.

http://www.artallison.com/

Kay, Allison, thank you for commenting. I think it will help me to get back to these plein air sketches.

Jon

This has the glow of early morning and is lovely in its simplicity.

Thanks Jon, I remember it was painted from life, but not remembering the time of day, most probably early morning.

RihanaR

Oh… so inspiring!

I wish I could have my coffee time, but since I have to write an essay for my class I have no chance. I struggle getting started on this essays (maybe ask a friend to help me out or use help of https://essayontime.com.au/blog/how-to-write-an-introduction-for-an-assignment ). Usually, I know what I want to talk about, but have a real problem putting it onto paper to begin with, then making sure it makes sense. Timed essays are even worse….

Finnegan

I agree with a lot of comments already made ,this is a simple but effective painting, well done😊

MB McKinley

The only thing I see that has not been said is: Thank You for Sharing COFFEE TIME with us.

Thank you all for commenting.  Much appreciated.

DreyDay

I like how you used broad and bold brushstrokes to capture the essence of this still life. The lighting works great, indicating a lot of sunlight coming into the room. Also great job with the sheen of the metallic surfaces and how it reflects the light and its surroundings.

billmahler

Strong composition.
                                Well done.

I only regret not drinking more champagne -
                                Winston Churchill.
                                http://billfitzgerald.blogspot.com/

Andre, Bill, thanks for your comments, good to hear.

IronPawn

There is always something with your paintings Patrick that draws you in…  great work!

Zoran

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.