Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk Message about June Pryor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    juneto

Hello, WetCanvas friends of June,

This is her daughter Ann. As I’m not familiar with the WetCanvas platform, please forgive me if I’ve posted this in the wrong forum.

I’m saddened to say my mom passed away yesterday. She had been ill for a long time and had been struggling these past few months. She regarded WetCanvas and the friends she made here as a lifeline, both as a way to keep connected to the art form she loved so much and as a way to keep up with the friends she made all over the world. She was a regular here and loved to tell me about the gardens of her friends in Canada, the cats (oh, the cats!), and enjoyed sharing her work and thoughts with all of you.

Thank you for being such a part of her life. I don’t know you, but I’m grateful.

With love and gratitude, Ann Pryor

Follow your Bliss and the Universe will open doors for you , where there were only walls. Joseph Campbell

http://blogmomcom.blogspot.com/

kaypainter

Oh I am so saddened to hear this. Please know that she was a delightful, funny and fun contributor to WetCanvas. Her art was so beautiful. June will be missed. Condolences to you and all her family.

Kay

"Don't look back, we're not going that way." (Marcia Wallace)

My very sincere sympathies Ann, we know your name even though you have not met us. June was a wonderful painter and personality, we will all miss her presence, even though most of us have never met her in person. Many hugs :heart: :grouphug: :heart:

Cheers, Lynn
            www.fineartamerica.com/profiles/lynn-macintyre
            "Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There is a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" Leonard Cohen

LCPainterCat

Dear Ann,

I am so, so sad to learn of June’s leaving us. She has been in my thoughts every day in the recent months that have been so hard for her. June was one of the very few people I know anymore who lived (as I did) through WW2 and whose parents survived the Great Depression. And I grew up in New Canaan, which is the home of my heart.

I know it was hard for her as an independent woman to accept the help you so thoughtfully arranged for her and how she lived for your weekly visits. It was wonderful to hear from her that she had managed to prepare family favorite dishes as recently as Christmas, despite the wheelchair and her frightening surgery.

Like everyone here, all of whom have felt privileged to “know” June,
                I am weeping for my loss —- and yours.

Thank you for letting us know, Ann.

Lynn/LC

My deepest condolences at the loss of your dear mother a very long standing member of our group. Sad to hear she finally succumbed to her illness. She will be sadly missed.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Dear Ann,

My sincere condolences 💗

I’ve known your mother through Wet Canvas for many years. Her artwork is fabulous and she taught me a lot about watercolour all those years ago. I have a lot of love for her.

Much love to you

Rest well June xx

JJ
                Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
                MY BLOG
                My Youtube videos

Ann….I never had the privilege of meeting June in person, but knew her through our Daily Wash group. She was always kind, gentle and encouraging to us all. Our deepest sympathies and condolences to you and her family…..physically absent, yet present in everyone’s memories and love for her.

Rest in Peace June.

Pain and heartaches aren't options in life........misery is a choice.

I have started a Memorial thread for June in the Garden of Memories.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Ann,
                With sorrow we learn of your lovely mother’s passing. She was a wonderful artist and a beautiful person who many of us got to know here.

Thank you for letting us know.

Sylvia

Bill

Thank you Ann, for informing us of your mother’s passing. June was a lovely person with a big heart and an amazing artist. She was a long time friend to many of us and will be so missed. My sincerest condolences.
                    Bill

Be kinder than necessary

Dear Ann, my heart is heavy with your sad news. My condolences to you and yours who cared for her so much. She spoke of you often and with love.

She was not only a very talented Artist but an inspiration to so many. She always shared her knowledge with others helping them grow their art.

It’s my hope that she’s painting the clouds with Louis by her side. :heart:

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

New Gamboge

Ann, I am so sorry to hear of your Mother’s passing. Thank you so much for letting us know. As we always say to people on WC who are hurting, many hugs. Betty

Ann, I am so sorry to hear of your mother’s passing. Her posts were so special. Every time a storm would hit her area, I worried about her and held my breath until she posted. She will be missed. Please know that she loved you so much.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge."- Einstein

Uschi

Ann, I am so very sorry to read of your mother’s passing, thanks for letting us know. All I can do is to confirm and agree with all the lovely and meaningful thoughts our WetCanvas friends have said about your mother:heart:

Uschi

indraneel

That is sad to hear :( She posted her paintings regularly… and me being about half her age, it was always an inspiration…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.