Home Forums Explore Media Sculpture Does a durable, mar-resistant, matte varnishsealer actually exist?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mia227

After searching for over a year and trying dozens of products, I’m wondering if a matte varnish/sealer that is non-yellowing, mar/scratch resistant and highly durable even exists. I’ve tried everything from Permalac to polycrylics, polyurethanes, tile coating, automotive coatings and industrial coatings, not to mention the typical matte varnishes you can find in craft stores. Not a single one has proved good mar resistance on functional objects. Does anyone have any suggestions?

musket

What do you mean by functional objects, and what are they made of?

What about using Renaissance Wax? It is non-yellowing and if you don’t buff it or lightly buff, it has a matte finish. I haven’t heard of any good matte finish sealer.

[FONT=Arial Narrow]~Sculpturedolls
            [FONT=Arial Narrow][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry, live simply, expect little, give much, fill your life with love,scatter sunshine, forget self, think of others. -Norman Vincent Peale

[FONT=Georgia]My website My Blog Join me on Facebook

contumacious

It looks like the OP has gone AWOL…..

If someone else finds this thread, or the OP returns, I instantly thought of Cerakote Clear when I read the original post. It is touted as being the most durable clear coating out there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.