Home Forums Explore Media Watercolor Palette Talk ***DAILY WASH ~ Tuesday ~ 20th Feb 2018***

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Hellooo :wave:

I have been sketching, beautiful day for it, eight of us today. You can see here..

Char, i feel for your nephew. I am grain free, can’t have any of it, nor yeast. Makes life a little difficult, but more and more restaurants are catering for people like us now, and make awesome salads, vegetable and fruit. I can get fish and chicken in many healthy meals now..

Ok need a cup of tea is ready…..

:grouphug:

JJ
    Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
    MY BLOG
    My Youtube videos

doppler

Hey JJ it’s Tuesday :lol: :lol: :lol:

Annie
        "On the other hand, you have different fingers".
        Steven Wright
        My Flickr Site

Hey JJ it’s Tuesday :lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup::lol::thumbsup:

JJ
        Let go of past mistakes and hurts. Forgive and empower yourself. Live the life you were meant to live. And, be at peace with yourself.
        MY BLOG
        My Youtube videos

Good morning/evening all.

A cloudless sky and a warmm sunny day in prospect before we get hit by cold easterlies.

Nice sketches JJ, you certainly have fun with your group.

Trying to adjust my diet to lose some weight here. I’m not very inventive and salads seem the easy option.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

shipbroker

Tried to post at 0600 but server problems……lovely morning baths very busy though…

Steve our golf course is flooded and closed,will be ultra muddy when it does open again.

Geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

ScarletLake

:cat: Morning/Evening Everyone:cat:

Yesterday was not a good day for me — I did not have to take stepmom to get x-ray on foot. That was good But I had 2 people dump a whole lot of negativity on me & none of it had anything to do with me. I became very nervous & did not eat right yesterday & got a migraine. Spoiled the whole afternoon.

One of the individuals is a gentleman here in town that we know who is really a massive mess. He is 64 yo, lives alone , has nothing to do with his time & is the most complaining man I’ve ever know. Plays the victim role to Oscar nomination status. He calls me everyday to complain about this or that. I’ve given him simple advise but he’s not interested in that. I told my husband I was done with this & yesterday took the cake. So I told him that he needs to quit calling me!!!!! I think Keith will be having a talk with him too. Some people are just happy being miserable & they really have no regard for anyone else. Well enough of that. I’ve got things to do!!!!!

Got a call also that stepmom did have someone take her to ER at 4PM yesterday. X-ray does not show a break in foot but also too much swelling. She was given a boot to wear & see Dr on Friday afternoon.

So this morning is Tuesday & I go for coffee & breakfast sandwich. Hallelujah:clap: :clap: Then I’m going to work on some stuff I need to get done. Make hair appt for this week. Also I’ve got some art techniques I want to try. So that’s my story & I’m sticking to it.:lol: :lol:

Weather forecast for today is temps high 60’s. I’m going to sow some seeds today of purple coneflower. We’ll see if they come up.

Ok everyone hope you all have a good day & handle the crazymakers you encounter.

Anita

Bill

Good day all,

Rain. rain, rain. It’s all coming from Texas. :)

This is why I didn’t sleep well. In the summer I find it soothing, but now it just floods.

Anita, stay away from those kind of people.

Hi Doug, I love a salad. Janet does not.

Well, I must have coffee and do my anti rain dance,
                    Bill

Be kinder than necessary

shipbroker

Who mentioned snowdrops??
                        Since the contorted hazel was taken down they have spread.

Bill. I remember you commented,when you visited, about how my white heather had spread…this is what that one plant looks like now!

geoff

" This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before" -Maya Angelou

Good Morning all,
                        Little before 7:00 a.m. here in Oakwood. Another record-breaking day for heat today. Amazing.

Nothing exciting happening for me today. I’ll try to finish my painting.

Found a couple more fun orchids to show you since you seemed to enjoy the ones yesterday. These two have little figures at their hearts:

Anita, Definitely cut that guy off, you don’t need people like that raining on your day just to make himself feel better. Hope you enjoy your day today.

JJ, That group gives you so much happiness, I’m glad you found it.

Geoff, Your snow drops and white heather are beautiful.

Bill, I like some salads, but not the ones with lots of lettuce. Larry likes them all.

:wave: to Doug, Annie, and all who are on their way.

SYL,

Sylvia

Bill

Geoff, Wow! I really like the heather.

Sylvia, gorgeous blossoms.
                            Bill

Be kinder than necessary

:wave: everyone,
                            Another grey day. There is a freezing rain warning but I have no idea how that will happen when the high for today is supposed to be -8. :confused: it should come down as snow or ice pellets.

I’ll be busy today. Lots of chores to do around here, make a menu and grocery list for the 4 days my sister is staying here starting tomorrow, gym, and I’m going to try to paint again. I’ve already got a late start though. I stayed up to watch the Olympic Ice Dancing and was snacking while I did it so I was up at 4:00 with some indigestion. I went back to bed at 5:30 and just woke up. :rolleyes:

I’m going to try something different to eat healthier. I’m going to snack like I am diabetic. I will have my three meals a day but snacks will be kept to under 20 grams of carbs. That will cut out sweets with healthy substitutes. I will stick to my counting calories for my weight loss. It has been the sweet snacks since Xmas that has stopped my weight loss.

I have to plan what I will be cooking tomorrow for the kid’s lunches. I am babysitting all morning and into the afternoon so I need to come up with a fun lunch. Maybe blueberry pancakes. I could even make those here ahead of time and just warm them up quickly. It’s hard to cook there because they both want to “help” and are climbing on their foot stools to watch. :lol:

So I’m off for breakfast and to pay some bills online. So much more convenient than having to go to the bank. I love doing banking online.

I wish you all a relaxing, healthy day.

www.ellenspalette.com

Good morning my friends… it’s a gloomy paynes grey sky that’s been weeping heavily for hours. The dripping will continue for several days and we are watching the window wells in the basement very closely. The LAST thing I want is more water in the basement. With so much frost still holding firm, the water doesn’t have a place to go and people are nervous about flooding.

Looking at the little painting I finished yesterday, I decided that it really wasn’t finished because the background needed a little more attention. I’ll do that this morning. And I want to get some cupcakes baked and iced. Two Students are celebrating Birthdays, so we’ll celebrate them before we begin to paint.

OscarTheWilde was not on the back porch this morning. He likely had to find a drier place to hunker down for the night. He’s still very nervous about allowing us to touch and pet him. Ultimately, and he doesn’t know this, but he’s going to have to get tucked into a carrier and taken for a vet visit. Certain body parts need to be expunged.

Steve, hope you can get down to painting in your nicely organized studio!

JJ, your sketching has matured and you’re proof positive that practice makes perfect. Do you have candida?

Doug, dieting after a *certain* age is nothing short of frustrating.

Oh wow, Geoff! I’m looking out at the rain drenched frozen ground with bits of dirty snow hanging onto the brown surfaces. AND then you post your beautiful Spring flowers and cheer me up. How beautiful!!!!!

Sylvia, your cheery little orchids are a bright spot today as well. It’s really a shame that space for the fridge is so restricted.

Anita, walking away from negativity is the right thing to do. You cannot help or change anyone who really doesn’t want to become more positive.

Bill, Ted’s not a salad kind of guy but I crave the greens. So, I always make it up for myself. My favourite is spinach with a few bagged greens and sliced red beets with walnuts. OMG!

:wave: All yet to come and :grouphug: for those who’re not feeling the best. Have a great day everyone.

Char --

CharMing Art -- "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art." Leonardo DaVinci

Bright and sunny here, 10C.

Lovely orchids Sylvia.

Like bluebells Geoff you are never without them once you have some.

PS Hi Ellen, hi Char.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Uschi

Good Morning!!

A high of 14C WOW. We are expecting close to 3″ of rain on top of the frozen ground. Lots of flood warnings, I hope my sump pump can handle it.

Yesterday’s family get=together was really nice. Afterwards son had to drive Ethan back to the ballet school in Toronto and it was raining heavily and VERY misty. Glad I haven’t heard anything from them so he must have made it there and back alright.

Definitely warm enough to leave the windows open for a cross draft and the chicken is defrosted so curry cooking for sure.

Lunch with friend Lynn and while I am out I have to take the club’s money to the bank.

Sounds like drama and a bit morbid but I had son over to show him where all the important papers and lists are. I know this is an easy enough surgery but one never knows. Truthfully if it were my time to “go”, the easiest way would be during an operation while one is “out of it”:)

I just had a call from Jodi telling me that her SIL told her last night that she has two fairly large lumps in the same breast – cancerous:eek: So instead of having a quick surgery she, her husband and a bunch of friends are going to Mexico this coming Friday. We all deal with things differently.

Nancy, an enthusiastic happiness hug from me to you!!!!:clap:

Les, I wish we could still buy cars with an ordinary lock and an ordinary key. that way we always knew it was either the starter motor, an empty gas tank or water in the gas that was the problem. Hope the suggestions work,

That reminds me, of the time I had an old Duster that would flood every time I started it. One day in the middle of downtown, this little old guy came along and showed me what to do, open the hood, open I don’t know what it is called, stick a coat hanger in, start the car, close everything up and go:D I did this many, many, many times.

Geoff, OH THANK YOU for this beautiful sight!!

Sylvia, they are an amazing flower, thanks for showing.

Anita, yes, time to put your kindness aside where this man is concerned.

JJ, I am so glad you are back to your sketching, nicely done and a lovely group!!

Char, have you decided on a company for your kitchen renovation and any idea when they will start????

Hi Doug!!

Due to my phone call with Jodi I probably Xposted with some.

:wave: Uschi

webLes

Morning all slept soundly .

Nice Orchids Sylvia

Geoff those snowdrops really make a nice showing , how long did it take for the heather to get to that size?

Must go get breakfast .

C you later

Les

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.