WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Glass Art > Let's Talk > Glass Works Lobby
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#31   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Veteran Member
Marysville, MT

Hails from United States
Re: Group Bonding: Tell Me 5 Things about You!

Fun thread!

1. I live in a ghost town in Montana - population of about 45. Was born in Worcester,Mass, grew up in NH. Live a while in Iowa, Missouri, and Minnesota. Have been in MT for 16 years.

2.I'm not necessarily shy, but a loner by nature - which is probably a good thing considering where I live!

3. I think I have the world's best husband (for the past 18 years)and am thankful (most days ) that he's in my life.

4. I'm 54 years old and finally this year got the courage to get my nose pierced - something I've wanted to have done since college days!

5. I love to spend time outdoors. Hate heat and humidity and love cold weather. (25 degrees right now and a bit of snow on the ground - happy me!!)

Mountain Morning Design

Ebay Auctions
  #32   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Federal Way, WA

Hails from United States

AHA! I knew I recognized that name from somewhere - we both posted over at Polymer Clay Central. Welcome to the world of glass. I'm a newbie , too, still putting together my glass studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRadoy
Okey dokey here goes:

1. I live in Northern Illinois, and boy, the weather is crappy right now

2. I am a happily married mother of 2, one boy, one girl

3. I work part time at Starbucks, WAY cool job

4. I am a polymer clay artist who will be starting glass soon (as soon as I can afford everything Im going to need that is)

5. One of the highlights of my day is coming here and looking at all the Show & Tell threads, amazing inspiration for a beyond-newby, thanks to all of you!

Robin
http://home.earthlink.net/~logangwensmom

Deb

Almost Paradise - Designs in Glass Silver and Stone
  #33   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 02:21 PM
Lord of the Arts
NH

Hails from United States

I'm 40 - soon to be 41, live in NH with my husband, 2 dogs, 2 cats and one goldfish.

DH and I are high school sweethearts - we started dating way back in 1980.

I am also a lawyer, but have never practiced law.

College took me 5 years, because I was partying too much to bother to go to class.

I'm dying to get my nose pierced but too chicken to go through with it. Does someone want to come with me?

Beads are gypsies: glittering, magical, and primitive hitchhikers. You slow down to take a look, and they attach themselves to your soul.
-Carolyn Manzi, Bead Power

LabyrinthBeads on ebay
  #34   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 02:22 PM
Oklahoma

Hails from United States

This really is a great thread! I thought I'd jump in here with my 5

1. I'm a State Department brat, so I've been bouncing around the world for most of my life (a few countries in Africa, and then India), but I ended up in Kentucky for college, and liked it enough to stick around there for 8 years. I'm living in Oklahoma now (followed a job), and have been for just over a year.

2. I've only got the two piercings in each ear (pretty boring, huh? ). I know just the tattoo I want, and just where I want it, but it will cost $250, and that's glass money!

3. Not married, and no kids, but I do accumulate pets at an alarming rate, and lavish all of my attention on them. I'm at two cats and a dog right now, which is making my apartment feel empty, and I'm thinking about fostering some animals for the local shelter if they need folks for that.

4. Deathly afraid of cockroaches. I know, it's weird, since they're completely harmless, and fairly clean, but I still panic at the sight of one. This is a source of endless amusement to friends and family, who have taken to buying them as gifts for me and then hiding them in something else, so that when I unfold a blanket, for example, I find a carved wooden cockroach sitting there staring at me. *Sigh* the things I put up with

5. Have strange desires to rearrange furniture about every three months. When I reach the point that I've moved the furniture to every possible configuration for a space, I move. In my 8 years in Ky, I lived in 9 different places. I just love unpacking in a new space, somehow it just makes everything seem more interesting
- Gerard Manley Hopkins
  #35   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member
Kansas..."We do not see things as they are...we see them as WE are..."-Anais Nin

Hails from United States

1). My name is CARRIE, not VAVERSKA.... guess I should stuff that into my sig. line, huh? Vaverska has been the name of my Art Studio for years. I have sold my art most of my life, though glass is a new venue for me. Vaverska is a reference to my Swedish grandfather who always joked that the only art you could make a living at was "vaverska' ( weaving fishing nets)...well, it does lose some humor in translation!
2). I couldn't be brief to save my life ( duh! Like you haven't figured this one out, maybe I should take this out?!?!).
3). I always, always tell the truth. I hate a liar even worse than I hate a bigot! Besides folks, telling the truth just saves time! LOL!
4). I will be becoming Mrs. Andy Griffith before 2005 closes. It has been delayed this long because we are buying a house first, and have had to go back to square one with THAT several times. Our wedding ( and many other happy memories) is something we want to start new and fresh together in our Home. ( And no, the house is NOT located in Mayberry. It is in a small town though, the one I grew up in!)
5). I am a total Bibliophile! I literally read EVERY book in my small town library growing up....cookbooks, car repair manuals, even the encyclopedia!...and every book in my families impressive library too. I learned to do crossword puzzles before I went to school, have forgotten more spelling and "proper" English than many people ever learn ( again, self evident from this post! ...that I have forgotten that is!), used to get in trouble for sneaking a flashlight to read under the covers, and read the cereal box at the table....the only things I like as much as books are my sweeties ( Audrey/DD and Andy/ soon to be DH), glass, and paint!

My EBAY Sales
  #36   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 02:36 PM
Rocklin

Hails from United States

1. I'm 33 Born Dec.3
2. Married To a wonderful guy for 13 1/2 years, Joe Khan, everyone said it wouldn't last past 1 year
3. 3 kids Nelson 14, J.J. 13, and Noelani 10
4. I lived in the Rocky Mountains in Oak Creek, Colorado for 13 years of my life.
5. I am heading off to Indiana tomorrow to go to a Bead and Breakfast with a bunch of my beady-eyed friends!!!
See- ya
Kristen
The dark liquid in the cup transcends simply being water poured over ground-up beans. Coffee is far more than a beverage. It is an invitation to life, disguised as a cup of warm liquid....Coffee is an experience, an offer, a rite of passage, a good excuse to get together."~Nicole Johnson, Fresh-Brewed Life
  #37   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 02:42 PM
Veteran Member
Fountain Valley, California

Hails from United States

1. I have lived all my 44 years behind the "Orange Curtain" AKA Orange County California. "It never rains in California" (a BIG BS to that one ) Currently I am as wet as if I had just gotten out of the shower wearing my clothes. My back yard is flooding the house onto a new wood floor and an antique barristers bookcase and if I don't play in the rain all day and night it will do more damage! (no, I can't sandbag due to grading and a weird deck).

Ohhh... Tell not whine, sorry.

2. I am married to a wonderful Englishman, who is out of town on business. This is bad as he is the chief as well as grocery shopper in our house. How fortunate am I? VERY! The last time I was in a grocery store I discovered there were 23 different types of olive oil. Yes, I bought the wrong one. We will not discuss the mustard! We each have a daughter mine is 18 his is 14, they are both incredibly marvelous humans. How fortunate are we? VERY!

3. I am a retired professional assassin and am currently a professional toilet cleaner. I have not had a boss since 1986. How fortunate am I? VERY! I would make a bad employee I'm a vocal efficiency freak!

4. I love to salt water fish, grow staghorn ferns, build adirondack chairs and collect old kitchen utensils. Give me a book and it's an instant and cheap vacation at $24.95. How fortunate am I? VERY!

5. I started lampworking because I wanted to make marbles but they don't survive well without a kiln. When I can afford one I'll never put down that marble mold. Mostly I make fishing lures and chili peppers. I have a minor and tanked O2. How fortunate am I? VERY!

"I finally decided it was a shame stupidity wasn't painful... that way you could just avoid the people yelling "Ouch!" for no apparent reason." - Mr. Smiley

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway?
I mean, all you get is that one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, well, the sky's the limit.
loco on the bay
  #38   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 02:49 PM
Woodstock, GA

Hails from United States

Five things you didn't know about me...

1. Unless someone else comes jumping out of the closet in this thread, as far as I know I am the only openly gay WC'er. No, I'm not one of those nancing flag-waving little girlie-guys (see below. And yes, I have quite an opinion about those nancing girlie-guys. It's not a good one...). I look more like Grizzly Adams than Ricky Martin.

2. I love the outdoors! Fishing, hiking, camping, doing yard work, splitting my own firewood, swimming in lakes and rivers, canoeing, etc. If it's outdoors, I'm up for it!

3. I'm as 'married' as I'm able to get to a wonderful guy for nearly 10 years now. We have an adopted son, a cat, three dogs, and live in rural north Georgia.

4. I watch maybe half an hour of television a week. Sometimes not even that much. I've got better things to do with my time.

5. I'm a voracious reader. By the time I was in the seventh grade I had read everything in the house including the entire 27-volume set of encyclopedias and all of my Dad's technical and how-to manuals. Today I still have an unquenchable thirst for knowledge. I've spent several months reading all I can about quantum physics. I don't understand the mathmatics of it but I enjoy it! For daily reading I prefer hard sci-fi and either soft or hard fantasy.

-Carl

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
  #39   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 02:56 PM
Northern Florida & Central Texas

Hails from United States

Oh yes, sharing is so nice....

I'm 29 years old (for the first time) and I live in a small town outside of Tallahassee, Florida. I'm originally from a Wasilla, Alaska (where my heart will always long to be).

I have a 10 year old son (Michael) from my first marriage and he is the light of my life. Unfortunatly he's got his mothers temper...

I am currently on my third marriage to a wonderful man. What's the old saying... third times a charm.

My hobbies include reading suspense novels, watching any kind of movie (except westerns) and lampworking. One one of those pays for itself at this point.

I work at a Concrete company and am the only female at our location. I am kinda small (5'7" @120lbs) but I have all the guys I work with scared of "ticking off the woman". I don't drive a mixer... I make sure the DOT or DEP doesn't come in and shut our doors.

My mother got me into lampworking about a year ago... She wanted to start a business and needed a partner. Since we didn't get along when I was a teenager (does anyone get along with a teenager?) we thought this was a good way to make up for all of that. It's been wonderful! I can't imagine a better business partner. Now that she's moved it gives us an excuse to visit one another and write it off...

Oh - and I'm a Picese
  #40   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 02:57 PM
Tinley Park, IL

Hails from United States

This is such a nice idea, I love people and hearing about life experiences, every experience molds us into who we are meant to be.....

Allright, a little about me....

1. I am 31 and pregnant with my first child, who is scheduled to be born on December 30, talk about timing (tax deduction)...Oh believe you me, I'll be eating lots of hot peppers and walking around the malls and taking baths........................

2. I am married to my high school sweetheart. We have broken up many times since then, but always ended up coming back to each other. He's my soulmate. We just got married last year, but lived together for awhile before.

3. I have one dog, an Akita, Kuma (avatar) who is my current baby, I'm trying to prepare her for baby #2. Funny cause last night I was laying next to her on the ground with my belly up against her back and the baby kicked her. She just kinda turned her head and looked at me with that "what the heck are you disturbing me for" look on her face.

4. I am an accountant for a non-profit in Chicago and have worked here for about 9 years, straight outta college! I love the people I work with, that makes all the difference.

5. I am happy with my life despite all the really horrible things that have happened in it, for both me and my family, but I am a true believer in "EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON". I'm sure everyone here has some sad stories they can tell, but just think, you're alive right now and reading this and typing, you have some purpose in life that you don't even know about.....
  #41   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 03:03 PM
Veteran Member
Kansas..."We do not see things as they are...we see them as WE are..."-Anais Nin

Hails from United States

AmyJoy, December 30 is a GREAT birthday! Its been mine for 32 years now! That darling baby will be destined to be great (or, like me, a great pain!). Just promise me that you will never, EVER make the mistake of telling him/her that " this gift is for your Christmas AND your birthday"...(I'm still not over the trauma! LOL!).

My EBAY Sales
  #42   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Atlanta, Ga

Hails from United States

Ok... here's me!

1. My most common dreams are where I'm a spy and that people are chasing me -I'm usually rescuing several people from the "bad guys". Hiding them and escaping.

2. Although I like to imagine that I'm shy- I actually like being the center of attention.

3. I don't get nervous by being in a place I've never been before. I can navigate very well, have a great sense of direction and seldom get lost.

4. I've been divorced for 5 years and still keep in contact with my was-band. We're friends.

5. I've been working aggressively at becoming debt free and will be by 8/2005.

Jumping Mouse Designs
  #43   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 03:16 PM
Enthusiast
Frisco, TX

Hails from United States

Here it goes...

1. I live in Texas, but am not a native Texan - I have lived all over the place - we moved every 4-5 years when I was a kid - my Dad designed power plants.

2. I work for a corporation doing business development research and analysis, but have a home office, so I have some flexibility with my hours.

3. I have been married 15+ years and have no kids - used to have two lovely little Schnauzers, but now only have a cat.

4. I have one brother who is a college football coach and both of our parents our still with us - we are very lucky.

5. I was adopted and have two half brothers and half sisters - I call them the bio-fam. I found them about 10 years ago and have kept in touch.

Becky
  #44   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 03:17 PM

1.Born in Elgin Ill, (1948) Live in Elgin Ill now and work in the forensic department at Elgin State Hospital
2.On my third marrage(17 years this time) six kids, 10 grandkids and two on the way, they multiply like flies.
3.Did pottery for twenty years.some leatherwork,made fishing lures out of wine corks.Hollowed logs and made drums . been melting glass for almost a year and really like it.
4. Have a small shop in a craft mall. The wife (Sparky) works there and I help out there. Hope to retire in seven or eight years and set up a little four station lampwork shop.
5.Just got my '23 T-Bucket going this summer after 12 years. 350 chevy that runs like a bat outa, well ,, Also have a '47 Buick in parts

Nice thread Tom
  #45   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Brooklyn, NY & Adamstown,PA

Hails from United States

My real name is John, I'm 46 and an Aries

I was born and live in NYC (GO YANKEES!). We recently bought an old house in Adamstown PA (PA Dutch... really German area) that we are restoring on weekends. Hopefully we will move there full time soon.

I'm a college administrator for an Art School in NYC. I have my degree in Photography from the school I work for. I've been running their Photo facilities for 22 years. ( PS, I'm burned out and looking for a change. Hopefully this will be it!)

I'm married to a wonderfull woman, Rita, 15 years now. We've been together for 26 years. No kids, just three cats: Caboose (14yo), Onion (9yo) and Vodka (4yo), That's a snap of Vodka at the top of the post.

I'm a fly fisherman - not very good, but I have a good time. I'm an all around handyman, machinist, woodworker, photographer and science buff. I'm even disturbed enough to have built my own kilns. Our workshop is in the basement of our PA home, so I only get to work on weekend nights.
jd