WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Media > Glass Art > Let's Talk > Glass Works Lobby
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#16   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 01:30 PM
Lord of the Arts
Orlando

Hails from United States
Re: Group Bonding: Tell Me 5 Things about You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehcar
This is a fun thread!

1. Iím 25 years old and my birthday is Sept 7. Iíve never met anyone with the same birthday.

Mine is September 11th- Doh! So close!!!

Much love... Brent Graber "Mr. Smiley"

Mr. Smileys glass on Ebay
  #17   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 01:36 PM
Bel Air, Maryland

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunesse
list 5 things that we, as a group, don't know about you!

You don't know that...

1. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE spending time by myself.

2. The best part of my day is sitting on the couch and have all four dogs jump on me all at once.

3. My relationships with my daughter and my husband-like person are my two greatest accomplishments.

4. I have 5 tattoos that I no longer talk about.

5. I LOVE a cold room if I'm able to snuggle under the blankets.

And now you know.

Fran

Last edited by Deepwood Art : 10-20-2004 at 01:39 PM.
  #18   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 01:36 PM
Veteran Member
Near Asheville, NC

Hails from United States

Yay, for Virgos!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smiley
Mine is September 11th- Doh! So close!!!

#19   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Ontario

Hails from Canada

Okay - I'll play --

1. I live in Oakville Ontario - which is about 30 minutes outside of Toronto. I am currently living in the house I grew up in which is really strange when my son was small and I was taking him Trick or Treating to the same houses (and people) I was going to when I was his age!!

2. Married, 2 stepchildren (28 - boy, 25 - girl) and ours together (11 - boy)

3. I have my own business as a Leadership Trainer and Coach, wrote a book recently on Coaching (even managed to get it published - mostly 'cause I promised to buy most of the copies myself - cases of 'em make great coffee tables!!), have an online beadstore & artisan studio, am launching an online discussion forum for business women and... whatever i think of next!

4. I was really shy when I was young and am astounding people with the 'stuff' I get up to now! I figure that the older I get (am now 45) the more latitude I have to do what I want - most people will just simply start labelling me 'eccentric'!!! Yahoo - the freedom!!

5. New to glass but LOVING it - beyond addicted. Am a definitive bookworm but have recently discovered other physical pursuits (ran my first marathon when I was 38 (have stopped that nonsense) but switched over to TaeKwonDo and will be grading for my black stripe soon! Not bad for the nerdy geek!!

"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up." Paul Valery

TitanBeads
  #20   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Veteran Member
Mission, BC

Hails from Canada

Hmmm what can I tell you...

1. I live 15 minutes North of Caglary, Alberta and hate every second I live here. I am from the West Coast and I miss family (so much), rain, moisturized skin, twisty roads and the colour green. Don't get me wrong the people in Alberta have been the nicest people I have ever met, one tax and I like their government but that is it. Moving back to B.C. will be happening shortly, preferable to Victoria.

2. I ride motorcycles. I have two, a FZR 600 (sport bike) and a V-Star 1100 (cruising bike). Both black. I used to race dirt bikes when I was little and then showed horses until I was 19. I am now 32.

3. I have been self-employeed for 11-12 years as a glass/clay artist. I own a paint your own pottery studio & gift gallery in Calgary (for sale so I can move home) and I usually work 7 days a week.

4. My fiance is my BEST FRIEND, we are super silly together, get into trouble together, get drunk together...etc. My Mother (Phyllis) is my other best friend (see above on what I do with my fiance and add that here as well).

5. Some of my greatest loves in life....I love all animals (with legs) and have been called Dr. Doolittle more than once, I love good vodka - super cold, I love a wicked storm, I love sleeping.

If I were to add a 6th item it would be that I am a huge SMART ASS.

Next please...

My Ebay

Caliente Art Glass
  #21   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 01:50 PM
Veteran Member
Tri-Cities-the armpit of Washington

Hails from United States

Mr. Smiley you are just a pinata full of fun and surprises! Oh, and OUCH!!!

I am realizing how boring I am after reading the other posts in this thread. Oh well, here goes anyway.

1. I live in Washington state (not the pretty part) was born and raised here and have lived here for my whole 35 years minus the time my husband was in the army. During that time we lived in Denver, Panama and Arizona.
Panama was the best 3 yrs of my life. Made the bestest friends I'll ever have.

2. I had my daughter 25 days after my 16th birthday which promptly forced me to pull my head out of my..... Well you know, I turned my life around. She is now 19 and is a beautiful, funny, and responsible young lady. In spite of my youth and inexperience.
I also have a son that took 12 years to conceive. He is now 2 and little perpetual motion machine. He keeps me over-busy!

3. I have been married to my knight in shining armor for 15 years. We met when I was 14 but I took a detour and we got together when I was 17 and my daughter was 16mos old. He has a big heart and has been an awesome dad to both my kids.

4. I have only ever held one job and it's not worth mentioning. I am a stay at home mom and love it.

5. I learned to crochet at 5 and have picked up various hobbies along the way. I have made quilts, done many forms of beadwork, tatted, knit and crocheted lots of stuff. I have wanted to make beads since the mid 90's but didn't get a kit until a few years ago though have only been able to use it since this summer. As a side note I also played violin for a few years. I miss it and hope to get another violin to really torture my family one day.

Well that's my life in a nutshell. Not flashy but I'm not complainin'.

Thanks for readin'
Barb

Lehcar-My birthday is Sept. 5 though my b-certificate says the 3rd. I get 2 birthdays a year. I'm now 70 but don't look a day over 35. Unfortunately I don't get twice as many gifts. Bummer. I was born in a military hospital. My birth certificate is all messed up. They spelled my mother's maiden name wrong too. At least they got the sex right.

Last edited by Bubbyanne : 10-20-2004 at 01:59 PM.
  #22   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 01:50 PM
A WC! Legend
Land of the Bluish, Smoking Mountains

Hails from United States

VERY GOOD IDEA!!

I'm 42, a Cancer and pretty tall, but I still like to wear big honkin platforms or chunky heeled shoes. I've been with my DH since I was 14 and he 17, we married at 21 and 24. That was a very long time ago. We have two kids Amy (14) and Artie (13). My family means the world to me.

I used to own a cute little shell shop on an Island in the FL Keys for 18 years. Now I don't. Now I live in the beautiful mountains of NE TN, not too far from Asheville. We have 1 and 1/2 acres of lawn, lot's of big trees and a mountain view.

I'm retired for the moment till I figuire out what I want to do, that's allowed huh? I worked almost everyday while my kids were growing up and so now I'm making up for it, well at least till the money situation let's me.

I'm a bit of a loner, NEWS TO YOU GUYS HUH??? LOL! I've always been able to entertain myself. ALWAYS. So I do enjoy my being alone and agree, it's not the same as lonely! But I also love to get together with people I know and don't know, especially glassers and the such. I am very outgoing and can pretty much talk to anyone, that goes back to owning a store for so long, but sometimes I can't think of a thing to say.I'm lazy and hate houswork. OK, those go together, I'm really overboard when it comes to things I want or want to do. Does that make sense?

I too have a mother that's ill. Had a major operation a couple weeks ago and will undergo chemo and radiation in the months to come. Geez that sucks. Sucks, SUCKS! It upsets me and I don't like it. Sometimes I don't wanna think about it. I talk to her daily to keep up her spirits and to know she's not going to go through this alone, my 2 sisters are also keeping in touch to let her know that.

Well, that's 5 things out of a million for ya!

Last edited by Lenda : 10-20-2004 at 01:54 PM.
  #23   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 01:51 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
Central. MA. USA

Hails from United States

Ok...

1. I was born in Conn., but spent my life in Massachusetts.. no Boston accent. Was raised by my mom, and have 2 sisters... I still say that, though we lost my big sister Cindy when she was 27 to cancer... my other sister Sally was born... drumroll please..... Sept. 7th I'm a taurus...may 8.

2. I'm a party girl... always have been...belly shots anyone??

3. 5 piercings... all in the ears. ...want a tatoo, but haven't come up with a design yet I could live with for the rest of my life.

4: Love a good debate as well.... will hammer my point home to an annoying level, especcially after #2 (see above).

5. Love animals... even spiders.. ... Love my son and husband.... Love glass....love dancing.... love singing... love laughing.... love campfires... love the way a person's head tilts when they bite into a taco.

She drove to the mall that day wearing underwear with a hole in it. She thought of herself as a risk-taker, and living dangerously made her feel giddy.

Auctions

Website
  #24   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 01:58 PM
Lord of the Arts
Lewisville, TX

Hails from United States

Great thread - I've read everyone's responses so far, I love this kind of fun stuff!!!!

* I'm 34 years old, never married, no kids and have no desire for kids in the future. I live with my boyfriend near Dallas, TX . . . we have one "child", a 160 lb Great Dane named Lexus. Who, by the way is SSSPPPOOIIILLEEEDDD!!!

* Unlike Mr Smiley (who becomes more interesting by the day), I have ALWAYS had corporate jobs and admire people who can do other things. I'm in Purchasing, currently working at the Mary Kay HQ in Dallas.

* I'm a former competitive bodybuilder but still work out alot and eat clean because I'm obsessed. I have a ring of fire tattoo around my bellybutton and augmented bodyparts above the bellybutton (kinda needed those after the severe dieting). I work hard to maintain my appearance and despite the exterior stuff, I'm very insecure inside. I wish I wasn't like this.

* I'm a car freak. I love fast, loud cars . .. don't even get me started on NHRA, I went to the races once and it gave me goosebumps Both my boyfriend and I drive Z06 Corvettes, I love looking in our garage and I love the fact I can hear him a couple of blocks away before he gets home

* I'm very blessed with a close family - both in location and in spirit! My mom and dad, and my sister and her family all live within a half an hour from me. I admire my parents relationship more than any other I've seen. They met in grade school and have been married for 34 years . . and they still joke and laugh with each other. That's the way it should be!
Ginnovations.com
  #25   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 02:02 PM
Leesburg, GA

Hails from United States

1. I am a 31 year old Cancer.

2. I went to the University of Georgia, where I met lots great friends and partied my little but off...I have been a friend of Jimmy K. for three years now so my butt has gotten a bit bigger.

3. I married my wonderful husband in May 2004. Honestly, sometimes I do not know what I did to deserve him. He is just the greatest, most patient and understanding man I know.

4. I am extremely close to my family...my sister and mother are my two best friends. I moved to my hubby's home town after we married, so I miss seeing them everyday. He keeps telling me that he is going to sell his business so that we can move, but I am not going to hold my breath.

5. I am a newbie to lampworking, but I love it! I have to make myself work on my other art ( I sell chimes ), instead of picking up the torch every night. I have a boring job working for an attorney in a small town...so thank goodness for the art outlet...and now for WC!
  #26   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 02:04 PM
Enthusiast
Blue Springs, Missouri

Hails from United States

This is too much fun!

1. I am a 33 yr old SAHM to Gabriel (4) and Aidan (1 1/2) with a BA in Poli Sci and minor in English. I have been married 2x and my dh James is the love of my life. I knew the moment I met him that I would spend the rest of my life with him. I was born on 1/5/71 in Decatur, Illinois and Aidan was my birthday present in 2003!

2. I have moved 9 times in the last ten years and have lived in Springfield, Decatur and Stonington, Illinois, St. Louis, Missouri, Bloomington, Indiana (which I loved and miss), Cape Girardeau, Missouri, and now Kansas City.....just to name a few of the places I've been.......

3. I love rollercoasters....big ones, small ones, ones with loops, but I haven't been on one since before Gabe was born!

4. I utterly detest going to the movies.......The last movie I went to see in the theater was The Cat in the Hat with my ds.....that was almost a year ago. I guess I am about due for another one!

5. I'm a big old library junkie! I go pretty much once a week and love to read mostly non-fiction.....I was on an Everest kick, but now I am onto vegetarian cookbooks. I took speed reading in grade school and I pretty much devour a book a day or so!

That's me in a nutshell!

Age is not important unless you are a cheese. ~ Helen Hayes

Angelfire Art Glass

(e)baying at the moon!..
  #27   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 02:04 PM
Batavia Illinois

Hails from United States

Okey dokey here goes:

1. I live in Northern Illinois, and boy, the weather is crappy right now

2. I am a happily married mother of 2, one boy, one girl

3. I work part time at Starbucks, WAY cool job

4. I am a polymer clay artist who will be starting glass soon (as soon as I can afford everything Im going to need that is)

5. One of the highlights of my day is coming here and looking at all the Show & Tell threads, amazing inspiration for a beyond-newby, thanks to all of you!

Robin
http://home.earthlink.net/~logangwensmom

#28   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 02:07 PM
Sunnyvale, CA

Hails from United States

1) I'm turning 38 in a couple weeks and am still single and looking. Guess you could call me picky. I'm pretty independent and not willing to settle.
2) I grew up in Western Michigan. (Marne and went to school in Coopersville) the family moved out to California when I was in 8th grade.
3) I play several musical instruments French Horn, Oboe, English Horn, flute, a little trumpet and I just bought a cello. I 'm pres. of a symphonic band and play in the occasional pit orchestra.
4) I lived in Japan for 5 1/2 years and can speak a bit of Japanese.
5) I'm #5 of 6 kids. We're all pretty close and get together often. Some of my best friends.

Got lots more, but we were told to do only 5 and I don't want you all to get to know me tooo well.
  #29   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Austin, TX

Hails from United States

For mr. smiley: I know that you are supposed to take your hip meausrement 8 inches below your waist. You are talking about your hip I hope
1. Been in Austin, for 18 years, that long... It seems shorter for some reason grew up various places but mostly Fl. most of my family is still in the St. Pete area
2. Married for 15 years next week 3 kids( see avatar) 8, 5, and 2 we started having them late!
3. Was an archaeolgist and museum educator before the kids were born. High cost of child care kept me home to begin with, came to enjoy it and with father-in-laws help will stay home till the 2 year old starts school full time
4.have been doing needlepoint for 12 years my walls are covered with stitched stuff
5. longing for the day when I have enough money to do all the things I want to do for my kids and for DH and me
Lisa

plain&fancy on the bay
www.paflampwork.com
  #30   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-20-2004, 02:08 PM
Federal Way, WA

Hails from United States

This is a good idea - thanks for coming up with it!

OK - 5 things about me:

1.I grew up in CA - moved to Washington 10 years ago (Portland is not that far away - and Olympia, with a side trip to Frantz is almost halfway

2. I'm a medical technologist. I work swing shift in the laboratory at one of the hospitals in Tacoma - best job I've ever had.

3.I owned an art rubber stamp company "Second Star on the Right". Just shut it down a few months ago. I had started playing with computer graphics, designed a few websites and had printed out one of my designs on a greeting card. Someone said "that would make a great rubber stamp" and off I went. Did the rubber stamp convention circuit for a year (so I can really feel for those doing the bead show circuit - it's a hard way to make a living.).

4.I turned 50 this year - birthday is Dec. 24. So far it's been the best year of my life - new job, new home, new hobby (glass) and all the new friends I've met because of the glass.

5.I'm single and don't want to be. My marriage ended unexpectedly 3 years ago (not by my choice). I've been doing the match.com thing looking for a new SO. If you have a 47-58 year old single male in your pocket with a little bit of life left in him, package him up and email him to me

Deb

Almost Paradise - Designs in Glass Silver and Stone