Home Forums Explore Media Photography The Shutterbug Pub Shutterbug Pub Daily, Thursday, February 8, 2018

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I finally uploaded my photos from our trip to see the Manatees.
    This is quite the set up for visitors. There are many things to see like abutterfly habitat, bird watching hiking path, stingray pond, etc.

Here are some of my favorites from the visit.

Here is the viewing platform. As you can see, it can accomodate a lot of viewers.

Lots of little people visiting the center. It was more fun watching them than the Manatees. The manatees don’t move very much.

And here is what they were looking at.

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Anonymous

So I guess Manatees aren’t the most exciting animal to see? Still, it must have been a neat experience.

Here’s a third version of a recent photo, again manipulated with FotoSketcher. It has been a fun photo to play with.

EDITED to ask Lorell: BTW, are we gonna have a “Best Stuff…” thread this month?

Greenhill

Lorell, I had never heard of a manatee until your post so Googled it. what a curious animal. One learns something every dayaround here!

Dave, you’ve made a colourful floral with that software. It has an almost 3D effect.

MY NEW PHONE! Woo hoo! :thumbsup:
            Well, after a two weeks haggle with the retailer they finally agreed to a clean swap the woeful Sony XZ Premium for a Samsung S8+[/URL]
            This happened a few hours ago so you’re the first to know. It’s a new born babe wrapped in swaddling clothes with its eyes still closed!

As a proud dad I’m almost reluctant to pick him up and give him SIMpathy from my dying Galaxy S6.
            Tonight he opened his eyes at the railway station to see how well he sees in the dark.

I will keep you informed as to young Sammy’s progress and hope he proves to be a not too difficult child.
            Here are some preliminary test result with which I am very happy. These were shot a few hours ago. Remarkably clean images.

100% CROP from OOC image above (a little noisy in the shadows)

BURST MODE (4 from a burst of 12)

MY FLICKR
            OLYMPUS OM-D E-M1 Mark II * OM-D M5 MkII * XZ2 * XZ1 * E3[FONT="Georgia"]
            The camera kneads the dough, PP bakes the bread - Greenhill

Irishwhistler

“NUTHATCH – COMING TO A FEEDER NEAR YOU”
                [ATTACH]854400[/ATTACH]

Irishwhistler🍀

Folks, I got to share with you what I just experienced as I opened today’s daily.

First i see Dave’s gorgeous flower composition. Wow, that is “blow me away” impressive. Whether you are a flower lover or not, the artistic quality to this capture has to appeal to the photographer in you on so many levels.

Then I find out that Mark is a new Dad. Sammy, I like the name, probably comes from Samson. Like Samson, he is probably born with unbelievable potential and strength. Remember, don’t ever cut his hair. You already sound like a proud father. It will be fun for us to watch him grow.

Then finally I have to duck as I a Nuthatch come flying straight for my head. Mike, now, there is an action shot that got my juices flowing.

Hey, how many blogs do you know where you experience such, variety, interest, humor or/and entertainment?

Thanks for making my day. :heart:
                LORELL

Photography is the art of observation. It has little to to with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them. Elliott Erwitt
                Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, Zuiko 14-150 mm zoom, Zuiko 2.8 60mm macro, Sigma 2.8 Fish Eye. Nikon D5100

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.