Home Forums Explore Subjects Still Life “ China and Roses “

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    carolkay

Another effort here .. from life !! 11x14oil on linen ..
        Intent is more practice on Roses !

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success

It is just stunning, Carol, from the patina on the vase to the velvety smooth rose petals!

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

billmahler

Echo what Kay said.
            I also like the red tones in the background

I only regret not drinking more champagne -
            Winston Churchill.
            http://billfitzgerald.blogspot.com/

carolkay

It is just stunning, Carol, from the patina on the vase to the velvety smooth rose petals!

Thank you so much – I really apreciate yr kind coment !Kay

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Carol Sometime's failure is the opposite to success~ but sometimes failure can be the pathway to success
                carolkay

Echo what Kay said.
                    I also like the red tones in the background

Thank you Bill .. I’ve been experimenting with that velvet wine fabric— I got it at hobby lobby !

dupliKate

Ooohhh…this is just yummy! The reds and blue…that amazing vase and the velvety roses. Outstanding !

Karen:clap:

"wait for me if i am not heart, because at least i beat"
                        ee cummings, from ViVa 1936
                        http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/03-Aug-2009/3648-Banner2.jpg

Another little cracker Carol.
                        That vase is incredible. Roses are darned good too, but that vase… oh my.

carolkay

Ooohhh…this is just yummy! The reds and blue…that amazing vase and the velvety roses. Outstanding !

Karen:clap:

Oh my .. thank you Karen … yr kind support is valued !!

carolkay

Another little cracker Carol.
                                That vase is incredible. Roses are darned good too, but that vase… oh my.

Gosh David …. yr such a blessing … you see .. I’m always my own worst critic .so many times I just don’t see it !

Bertoni

Wonderful! It’s a winner! Love the way you’ve painted the vase!:clap:

Bertoni

Gosh David …. yr such a blessing … you see .. I’m always my own worst critic .so many times I just don’t see it !

:lol:
                                    Carol, that vase looks like it could have been painted by John Singer Sergent himself, it has a certain quality that many artists would struggle to achieve.

carolkay

:lol:
                                        Carol, that vase looks like it could have been painted by John Singer Sergent himself, it has a certain quality that many artists would struggle to achieve.

Gee David … I wld never of thought of this …
                                        and I know what an accomplished artist you are yourself !
                                        I am greatfull for yr support!

Ellis Ammons

Beutiful work. I r m pressed especially with that vase.

Check out my work in the acrylics Hall of Fame Camellia WIP
                                            oil and acrylic paintings..

carolkay

Beutiful work. I r m pressed especially with that vase.

Thank you Ellis!

Theodorablau

How very lovely, both vase and roses!

C&C always [/COLOR]welcome!

My website: dorotheaschulzpastelart.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.