Home Forums Explore Media Digital Art Just tried Adobe fresco

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Elainepsq

adobe released a Fresco yesterday for iPad. I’ve been reading about how it will rival Procreate. I haven’t had much time to play with it yet, but it does blend wet watercolor. They actual flow into each other and the colors mix! But st 9.99 a month will it rival Procreate.? I was able to download free with my creative cloud account. Anybody else try it?

Imme1

There is a Procreate 5. Coming out soon

C@C always welcome. I can be a better artist with your help

Vorpal

I tried it yesterday, and was frankly wowed. I like it much better than Procreate or Tayasui Sketches for watercolor. It’s still a bit buggy–Photoshop brushes didn’t import for me, and the program crashed a bit. But the interface is simple and doesn’t get in the way, and it looks like the next version will allow custom palettes.

A quick sample pix:

Susan

Elainepsq

The thing I miss most in Fresco is a smudge tool, I hear that is in the works.

b’anna

I’ve tried it but IMHO it is not worth 9.99 a month when there are so many great ipad apps out there. That said, what they have is good but again, not worth it,
                        Barb

Elainepsq

I agree Barb, I don’t see them pulling that off with a monthly subscription, but if you have Creative Cloud, you get it for free.

b’anna

Yea, it’s the same thing with adobe for ipad. It was suppose to be full adobe but in reality it is a work in progress. Oh also, keep your eyes out for a new version of procreate. It is suppose to be a massive update.

SweetMonia

I may try it out of curiousity, but I believe many artsits will stick with ProCreate just because of the price alone.

Learn about drawing, digital art, perspective, proportions, graphics tablets & more in Sweet Drawing Blog. [/url]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.