Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia February Watermedia 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)
  • Author
    Merriweather

Hi everyone, I am hosting this month.

I have chosen a variety of photos to present.
        I do hope they are to your liking.
        They are all mine, mainly from South Australia. (except one, which is permission from a friend)

There is no reveal date so please join in and paint one or more.

Wedgetailed eagle – Raptors at Kangaroo Island.

Falcon from Raptors at Kangaroo Island.

Neapean Bay Kangaroo Island – early morning with Swans

Sun conure

Quorn Sth Aus – deserted railway siding

Deniliquin NSW

Koala in the back garden

Seal – Goolwa Sth Aus.

Still life with copper

Old Noarlunga Sth Aus – the Onkaparinga river

Fungi

Tomatoes from the garden

Quince from tree nearby

Chapman River reflections – Kangaroo Island – for limited palette or ink but add colour if you want.

Byron Bay New Sth Wales

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

Great selection – thanks for hosting!

Joy
        C & C encouraged!

Merriweather – Lovely photos, thanks for Hosting our February Challenge! I’ll Sticky this Thread for you now.

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

CaliAnn

Merriweather: Fantastic images! I already have a couple picked out – I am so excited about this challenge! Thank you for hosting!

Merriweather

[B]Merriweather – [/B] Lovely photos, thanks for Hosting our February Challenge! I’ll Sticky this Thread for you now.

Thank you Vivien for “sticky” threading this. … appreciate it .

kind regards

Merriweather

Painting is a complete distraction. I know of nothing which, without exhausting the body, more entirely absorbs the mind. Winston Churchill

Merriweather

Merriweather: Fantastic images! I already have a couple picked out – I am so excited about this challenge! Thank you for hosting!

Thank you CaliAnn for hosting Jan. I forgot to put that acknowledgement first, and I do apologise.

Good to hear that you like something there… Will look forward to the month and see what happens.

kind regards and cheers. :wave:

Merriweather

Great selection – thanks for hosting!

Thank you JoyK.

Thanks for hosting, Merriweather! A great selection of photos!

Christel

What a fantastic group of images. You are quite the photographer! So glad you are hosting for us.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

Merriweather

Thank you tuscanny and KreativeK…

I will look forward to see what people choose. I am hoping for some fun paintings..

cheers

ArtySinger

What great photo´s. I chose the tomatoes to start with today & painted them using watercolor pencils size 14 x 21 cm.

Sandie
                                https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/sandiecroftart.html

CaliAnn

Sandie: I love your colorful tomatoes – the sheen on the skins is excellent!

CaliAnn

Here’s my take on the trees of Kangaroo Island – I was instantly drawn to them. ds Watercolor, about 5 x 7

Sandie – Gosh that was quick, I’m still trying to decide which to paint. Great work with those watercolor pencils. Lovely juicy tomatoes!

CaliAnn – Lovely watery watercolor of the trees!

Moderator: Animal & Wildlife, Floral & Botanical, Watermedia

individuo

Merriweather, excellent images!! Thank you very much for hosting!

Sandie and CaliAnn, you two are really quick and really good, love those tomatoes and trees.

C&C are welcome as well as any corrections on my English.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 184 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.