Home Forums Explore Media Airbrush Paasche VL Dual, action button is STUCK!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gunterhaus

Oh wow,
        I found this what appeared to be “pristine” beauty at a garage sale, just like my red Paasche rule action airbrush from when I used to have one.

When I got it home, I found that the action button (Part VL-213) definitely won’t push down. After taking apartment the rear assembly, I find I also cannot remove it. It’s really stuck down in there. I wonder if someone superglued it? Or maybe it’s just really, really stuck?

My question is this: How can I try and safely fix this? Is there a solution I could try soaking it in? Should I just try and really pull with pliers and a rag? Have you EVER had such a problem before? I’m at a crossroads on what to do here…

Gunterhaus

Huh, how about that. I sent an email to Paasche customer service, and they want me to send it to them to see if they can fix it. Cool! I hope they can, because that would be excellent customer/artist service! :D

fedetony

put it in a ultrasound bath with an appropriate cleaner (no amonia)… only the pieces stuck, and not the valves… that will clean it and let it loose

Federico Garcia
                My Blog
                C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

fedetony

check this out
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk0TSbagt5k

Federico Garcia
                    My Blog
                    C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

airbrush_ken

I’m curious Gunterhaus, how did it turn out? I used to be the service agent here in Australia for Paasche airbrush, and over the past 25 years I found them helpful.
                        The problem you mentioned is not uncommon with airbrushes (can happen a lot with older and gravity feed type airbrushes). Usually paint material gets back pressured into the trigger/plunger area and dries there. This happens because the packing washer on the needle is old or just loose and as many people do; the block the air cap to blow paint back into the reservoir.

Myself??? When they are old and nasty (happens all the time), I chuck the whole darn thing into lacquer thinners, which will get most any paint to let go. I then replace every “O” ring and adjust the pressure on the new packing washer to prevent it happening in the short term. I still use “Needle Juice” by Badger and lube everything.

airbrush_ken

I forgot… Thinners won’t hurt Paasche brushes. Neoprene Rubber can be and often is affected by hot solvent type thinners. Keep in mind if you use thinners, it’s probably best to replace any rubber bits.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.