Home Forums Explore Subjects Animal and Wildlife Subjects Zoltan ~ Raven Paper Sculpture

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RWSewell

Hi there :)

Two months and hundreds of paper feathers later and I finally have Raven paper sculpture to share.

[FONT=”Impact]Zoltan[/FONT]
        Specifications: 15″ x 19″ paper sculpture
        Reference photo credit: Terence Porter, used with permission

From the get-go, I had the intention of doing this sculpture in a graphic approach. I was going to make the feathers using a blue print scrapbooking paper but was fortunate to find this metallic paper with a somewhat mottled surface. It reflects light unevenly but that’s part of its beauty. The rose border is cut from a sheet of silver poster board and mounted over purple paper.

“Zoltan” is a nod to Stephen King’s first volume of his Dark Tower series, ‘The Gunslinger.’

Thank you for letting me share :)

Rob

Wow – in a photograph it’s hard to appreciate how effective this must look in person! A labour of love I’m sure. Beautiful.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/wetcanvas-hdc/Community/images/09-Dec-2019/1985576-signature_images_b.jpg
        [FONT="Comic Sans Ms"]websites | [FONT="Comic Sans Ms"]sketchbook

I am thrilled to see a new sculpture from you, Rob! Wow, this is beautiful and mysterious…a real treat for the eyes. I love the effect of the metallic sheen in the paper for the feathers. It must be so stunning in person. Fantastic work!

Jenna

My website: https://www.thecozyred.com/

Wow! Well done!

Christel

Amazing work. A shot from an angle might help us appreciate the 3D aspect of this.

Doug

We must leave our mark on this world

Amazing work. He’s lovely.

Penny
        I live in Wiltshire, England
        “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” -Will Rogers

Absolutely spectacular! Does one frame this with a shadow box, to avoid dust collecting on the “feathers”?

Joy
        C & C encouraged!

fedetony

this is lovely.. I really like the blue tone of the raven :)

Federico Garcia
            My Blog
            C&C always welcome :D

"...when someone gives a critique of your work, fear not. It usually means they like or care more of your work than when they just pat your back." - Tiago

MaryFlora

Your hours of patience and work certainly resulted in a gorgeous piece!

Mary Flora

Triduana

This is gorgeous Rob, I just love those iridescent feathers and the paper was a perfect choice for this bird. Really like the delcate border and the striking background colour too.

Kay D - Edinburgh, Scotland

So long, and thanks ...

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.