Home Forums Explore Subjects Art Journals my new lodger

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    vhere

On Monday I picked up 2 x 12 week old kittens (from different homes) This is the first sketch from life. Smokey is half Norwegian Forest cat and a quarter Rag Doll and beautiful smoky shades. He’s a little timid and very very loving and cuddly :) utterly gorgeous

The other is soft ginger and white of no particular breed and a perpetual motion machine! clumsier, rougher, can’t keep still and also utterly gorgeous :)

I’d been missing having a cat and finally decided to go for it and acquire 2 so they would be friends. So far so good.

eyepaint

Oh! Kitties! Oh! More, please!

-- EP Moderator for:
            All Media Art Events, Artwork From Life, Art Journals

They are both beautiful! Lovely sketch too!

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
            Find me on Instagram
            Find me on Facebook

maryinasia

beautiful! looking forward to more sketches of these cuties!

Munin Raven

Look at those fury ears! :heart:

What a great little sketch. You’ve captured the kitten hair of a long haired breed so very well.

"I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. " Elwood P. Dowd

Sketch-Blog

Awww, these two babies are just precious! Please give them a pat from me and a kiss or two. Lucky you and lucky kitties. Both are gorgeous little fluffs.

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

rafaartstudio

Those strokes capture well his fur and personality. Oh, little one, look at your portrait! You’re so cute.

Delofasht

Very cute kittens, I have a black smoke colored Maine Coon (probably mixed breed). Having a cat around the studio is very therapeutic.

- Delo Delofasht
                            vhere

thanks all :) hoping to get some more sketches done but desperately trying to keep my head above water getting work ready for 4 exhibitions – drowning!

they have grown since this – Smokey the Norwegian Forest x is very leggy and growing faster – he’s going to be a big cat. Simi still a stocky little clown who chases his tail, his back leg and falls of sofas and things and still so vocal I call him the ginger whinger :) he answers to it as well! Smokey much more dignified and with those soulful eyes

Can you post some photos of them now?

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

vhere

yes :) have to upload from phone – will be back with them

vhere

Simi glowing in the sunshine

and on my desk being cute

and snuggled up together

and again

and my helper

the vet weighed them again when they went in for next immunisation – Simi had put on half a pound in 3.5 weeks – Smokey had put on 1.5 lbs! he really is going to be a big cat – he’s tall, not fat, still quite slender in build under the fur

Simi is stockier, will be smaller and is the clown of the 2

vhere

I think Maine Coons are beautiful Delo :)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.