Home Forums Explore Subjects Plein Air Near Home

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

We have a contractor remodeling our bathrooms. I have had to stay home a lot. These are both painted from my yard. Both are 5×7 Golden Open Acrylics on Acrylic Matte Medium. As it heats up and humidity falls, even the Open Acrylics dry pretty quickly. C&C Welcome. Gary

Faking a background
    [ATTACH]866304[/ATTACH]

Neighbor’s House
    [ATTACH]866305[/ATTACH]

"Painting is a verb"

Really nice vibrant foliage! I like your clean shapes.

Lady Mars Orange Marmalade Stapleford
    Moderator: OIls, Pastels, Plein Air

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. -Oscar Wilde

tmwilliams

I think they’re terrific. Something feels slightly off on the porch of the house…it seems to face left while the house faces right.

Thomas

Thanks Stapeliad. Glad that you liked them.

Thanks Tom. The porch is a little wonky due to my drafting skills (lack of) and the fact that it is indeed off center to the door. This is the oldest house in the area and has been modified a number of times. It was once surrounded by orchards. The current owner (~late 80’s I believe) was born there with several some of his siblings. I have used it as Christmas Card a couple times.

5×7 oil on panel
        [ATTACH]866331[/ATTACH]

This version I gave to the owner’s nephew (also a neighbor) as his father was born there. I keep working at it.

Thanks again, Gary

"Painting is a verb"

tmwilliams

Part of it, too, is the placement of the window frame that looks at first glance like a back pillar…

ntl

Both are wonderful. The trees look full of life, a nice place for a picnic. I’m drawn in.
                The house–it’s good to have the strength to paint what you know you see, I’d have trouble believing my eyes, and want to make adjustments:lol:
                Good job on both!

Real fine work Gary. You have such a great way with trees, very convincing feel to the shapes, depth, and space around limbs and foliage.

Thanks NTL. I am an unrepentant liar when I paint. I freely “make adjustments” to what I see. That is part of the fun.

Thanks Patrick. I took an adult education class in watercolors some years back. The teacher told me (nicely) that I had to learn to paint trees if I wanted to do landscapes. Trees are fun but I am never quite satisfied with them. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Love your clean colors. I that pair of trees is excellent!!!
                Bill

Thanks Bill. I remember your posting here in the past. I appreciate your kind remarks. Gary

"Painting is a verb"

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.