Home Forums Explore Subjects Miniature Art Project Discussion: Christmas Card Trade 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 805 total)
  • Author

11/23/2018. Admin note: A glitch is allowing people to still join, however the sign up period was over November 1st. Our apologies but no one will be allowed to join after November 1st. Thank you.
    [/COLOR]

===========================================

A new project has been announced in the WetCanvas! project system!

Title: Christmas Card Trade 2018
    Project Leader: vmrs
    Relative Difficulty: Irrelevant
    Type Restrictions: Any Type
    Medium: Any Medium
    Subject: Not Applicable
    Days open for signups: 25
    Maximum participants allowed: 16

Description:

This project is a multiple mailing trade, please only sign up if you are able to complete the trade.

This project will be limited to 16 participants, which means you will need to make and mail 15 cards. Each participant is to paint/draw/collage/etc. original card(s) in a size 5×7 inches or smaller (keeping mailing costs in mind) from your own references, imagination, or the RIL. You can either send originals or copies. If you are making copies of one or two designs, the copies must be of professional quality (no regular paper photocopies).

Be sure to pm vmrs with your mailing address as soon as you sign up for the project.

Please notify the sender as soon as you receive a card so they can upload them to the Final Entries section. Please take the time to comment.

For posting cards to international locations please send out by December 1st. For posting cards within your own country please use your judgment on how fast they will arrive and post accordingly.

It’s so much fun to receive cards from all over the world depicting each person’s holiday season.

If you have any questions please pm (private message) vmrs.

Additional Information:

For more information on the project: Click here!

Remember, in order to help keep the discussions on projects organized, you should post your questions, suggestions, and comments on submitted work here in this thread. By doing this, we allow other non-project efforts to not get “pushed down” by a swarm of project-related threads.

The Purple Dog Painting Blog
    Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

How to for inserting images in a project thread.

To put your images in the project gallery you go to the project page.

Then you go to “upload your final images”.

Click on that and you get this page.

On #1, look through the drop down menu for the project name, “Christmas Card Trade 2018”, it should be the last one on the list. (in this photo, the example is “Christmas Card Trade 2016”)
    On #2, click browse and find the photo on your computer
    On #3 Press upload when #2 is done and voila, it’s in the gallery.

Note: the long description never shows up in the gallery anymore, so I personally don’t bother filling that part out.

Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

If you’ve never participated in a project, please read this. :)

By participating in this trade, you agree to make and mail cards to other members. Mailing costs will vary depending on where you live.

There is a limit of 16 on this trade so the most cards you will need to make is 15. If only 10 join then you will make 9 and so forth.

The Christmas trade is the only trade that allows for copies of your original artworks. However the copies must be of professional quality. No photocopies or copies on regular paper allowed

Cards should be mailed so that they are received in the weeks of December, please don’t mail too early or too late. If mailing internationally, please check with your postal system for a mailing time estimate and be sure to put enough postage on them.

If you have any questions, ask away. :)

Find me on Instagram
    Find me on Facebook

PaintBoss

Here we go Virginia, another year!:) Thanks for the pm.
        This is a fun trade. And less demanding if you can only complete a few originals. Mine tend to be detailed (or maybe I am just slow!), so I complete as many as possible but it is sometimes just 3 or 4. I get mine copied onto card stock at Staples. So for any newbies, don’t think you have to make all originals. Virginia has stated it, and I am saying that again too, just so it is clear for newcomers. It is a very busy time going into the Christmas season, but it very possible to do this trade, in case people are wondering how much is required.
        I really enjoy seeing participants from all over the world. The farther, the more exciting! It is fun in the post office as they see where I need stamps for. People in line have commented about it. They think I am very cosmopolitan in my friendships.:cat: I tell them it is an art trade and they love that idea. Family and friends love seeing the cards come from all over too. They have started anticipating it now.:)
        Looking forward to seeing some swap pals and maybe some new folks too.

~Christine
        🇨🇦

hibiscus17

I’ll toss my hat in for this one. Challenging and looks to be immense fun. I’ll be one of your international posters as I live in Australia.

Lawrence

PaintBoss

Yay, welcome Lawrence!!!! :thumbsup: :wave: I haven’t swapped with anyone from Australia before! Whoohoo!🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

~Christine
                🇨🇦

floblue

Thanks Virginia for the reminder. I can hardly wait to get started.
                    Hi Christine, Happy to see you again..
                    Hi Lawrence, Welcome this is my first Christmas card exchange I just finished a trading card exchange and it was loads of fun. I received so many different beautiful cards. I’ve been checking the site quite often so I wouldn’t get left out in the cold on this one.

PaintBoss

Great to see you Barb!

~Christine
                        🇨🇦

hibiscus17

Lol. Thank you Christine for that enthusiastic welcome. Looking forward to receiving cards from overseas as well. :thumbsup:

Thanks Barb. Seeing prior results is getting me enthused too. :wave:

Lawrence

Hi, nice to see you Flo and Lawrence. :)

This is my all time favourite trade!

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian members, eat lots of buttertarts and such for me. :)

Find me on Instagram
                            Find me on Facebook

PaintBoss

Thanks Virginia, and Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians as well. Butter tarts are fabulous! I can’t believe that is just a Canadian “thing”.:)
                                Just finished preparing dressing for tomorrow. Daughter wanted traditional, which I like, and I add in apples. But I like it with savoury sausage too. Other favourites are sweet potato casserole (without the marshmellows), and tomato aspic (lemon jello and tomato juice of all things!). Great on the turkey! Who knew? Tradition from my husband’s side of the family I have come to love. Pumpkin and apple pie. Whipped cream on the pumpkin. Yummm. Or Pineapple Delight!
                                Do they have Thanksgiving in Australia Lawrence?

~Christine
                                🇨🇦

hibiscus17

Sounds tasty. No, Thanksgiving isn’t celebrated in Australia as it was originally settled as a penal colony in the late 18th century which probably makes it hard to be grateful for. Australia does celebrate Halloween however.

Aussies like barbies because Christmas is in the middle of summer. Makes sense, especially by the beach. :) So barbies, salads and beer is the standard fare on Christmas Day. Then it’s the traditional Boxing Day cricket match. But with the many migrants now changing the tradition, the culinary delights have delightfully expanded.

Sadly, our Christmas fare is fairly plain – traditional roast and vegetables, small desserts, fruit, and wine.

Lawrence

PaintBoss

Christmas on a beach sounds lovely Lawrence. When it starts to get cold we have heartier appetites here. ( Well that’s our story and we are sticking to it!:cat: ). I think lighter fare in the heat makes sense. On the beach with a glass of wine, sounds tremendous!
                                        I will say though, we may not be at the beach, but there are some pretty scenes in winter and at Christmas in particular. I have some fond memories growing up on a hobby farm, with a blanket of sparkling undisturbed snow over the fields, blue skies, bright sunshine, and the fireplace and wood stove crackling, everyone happy, Mom cooking dinner, us kids playing a board game, and the pets sprawled out on the floor. I was running around in my bathing suit because the old farmhouse was so hot one Christmas! Lol
                                        I knew of the prisoner history of Australia, and didn’t think you celebrated Thanksgiving: but wasn’t sure. It seems to be a North American/ settler tradition. Unless New Zealand has it as well with a colonial background?

~Christine
                                        🇨🇦

hibiscus17

Am partial to a drop of the red on a warm day — or any day for that matter. :angel: Wife and I subscribe to the tradition of putting up Christmas lights. Wife enjoys it immensely. Me, not so much (grumpy old man speaking). :)

NZ followed the Mother Country in celebrating Christmas – carols and all that. Lack of snow didn’t deter: the convenience of having a coastline a short distance from anywhere meant visiting the beach was always on the cards during the festive period. I remember most fondly visiting the same beach with the family and church community the day after Christmas for a spot of beach cricket or touch footie. Or joining the church community for some island cricket. Everyone played. Lots of laughter and singing and dancing. Dad worked as a bus driver and used to loan a company bus for the excursions. Way cool, so I thought, having a Dad with such a responsible and admired position. Mind you, we always got home very late as Dad had to drop everyone else off first. Bummer! :)

Lawrence

floblue

Happy holidays to all who are celebrating a holiday. I’m going to have to get to know how and when everyone celebrates so I can send my happy wishes and thoughts to them.
                                                Lawrence I can’t imagine a Christmas without snow, cold and ice. Sure would be fun to celebrate it in better weather. We would be able to share it with our kids who live in Colorado. My husband doesn’t like to fly so driving across Nebraska in winter is sometimes iffy. Never know what the weather will be like across the Midwest in winter. Sometimes it’s just fine when you start out and changes along the way.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 805 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.