Home Forums Explore Media Watermedia Butterfly Woman ~ xPost AbsCon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

9×12 India inks and charcoal on Canson 140 lb cold press paper done this afternoon, another in my series of women. This imaginary contemporary woman has multiple colors in the background for her hair and fluttering butterflies. Her proportions are not exact as this is not a photorealistic work. I like working with Dr. Ph. Martin’s Bombay inks and my acrylic brushes; inks can be thinned with water and perform identical to watercolors or acrylics. When dry they are permanent, lightfast, and shiny.
    C&C welcome :heart:

Kay

Moderator: Watermedia, Mixed Media, Abstract/Contemporary

CaliAnn

This is stunning Kay! The colors breathe life into this painting – her contemplative look is superb – she is someone I would want to know. An interesting woman indeed. I think this is one of my favorites of yours

SnapV

Wow very pretty Kay. The colours are just wonderful and I love her expression!

Virginie

All C&C welcome: I want to improve!

laika

Nice! She looks so calm amidst that explosion of intense color.

I like those Bombay pigmented India inks. I rediscovered a couple of bottles and would like to have the primaries.

Lamar

Art is life's dream interpretation.
                - Otto Rank

Thanks CaliAnn, Virginie, and Lamar. The inks are fun.

Kay

VanAndrew

Very cool, it really pops.

Johndk

Seeing this again, it still engages. Love it. I enjoy the confident line quality, and the composition has that lovely close-up cropped view which draws the viewer into the picture. (Reminds a bit of a famous South African painter Irma Stern).

As long as there is light, I will paint it.

Van and John, many thanks. I’ll have to look up Ms. Stern.

Kay

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.