Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I repainted an old frame. Then onto it I glued four wooden decorative pieces on the four corners. One of them fell off, so I reglued it. It fell off again. Is there some sort of metal item that I can fasten it back on with? :confused:

Tipo

Is there some sort of metal item that I can fasten it back on with? :confused:

Yes they are called nails.

Tipo

Pthalo White

I repainted an old frame. Then onto it I glued four wooden decorative pieces on the four corners. One of them fell off, so I reglued it. It fell off again. Is there some sort of metal item that I can fasten it back on with? :confused:

If it’s possible, could you upload a photo. I love old frames, myself, and understand that they can be messed up if you use the wrong material.

Steve Collins

What kind of glue did you use? Are the surfaces being glued clean, dry, raw wood? Are the surfaces flat or is there a dip or hump caused by mitering moulding that’s not flat? What’s the ornament and frame made of? The ornament needs to match the shape of the frame. A good quality PVA glue should work fine, assuming that you’re gluing wood to wood. If the moulding and ornament are plastic (which I hate), you need to use the appropriate adhesive, as in Plastibond.

A photo or 2 plus details would help with giving relevant help.

Dcam

I would be afraid to nail through the top of the wooden enhancement. I was hoping for some sort of metal to place into the frame and then attach the enhancement to it. Maybe by drilling a tiny hole into the back of the wooden enhancement. Is there such a thing?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.