WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Illustration
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-14-2002, 10:05 PM
Enthusiast
New Jersey

Also check Amazon and Barnes & Noble on line for used versions. I checked and they have some for a few bucks more. If they have a guarantee, might be the way to go. Plus you could get the version you need.
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-14-2002, 10:13 PM
Enthusiast
New Jersey

Dont know why I didnt think of it, but you could also post in the Swap Gallery folder or in Digital. I no longer have my book -- gave to my son in Chicago, but some of those that frequent folder probably have updated and may have older version books.
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-14-2002, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member
Blue Ridge Mountains of virginia

Hails from United States
Yeah, I was thinking that was the case. Thanks for your input. I am gonna e-mail this guy for a refund.
Thanks again!
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-18-2002, 12:33 PM
Enthusiast
New Jersey

Hi Aqua & Redhawk.

Found this link to a Photoshop tutorial in the Computer/Tech folder:
http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/...tutorial1.html

Didnt look through the whole thing, but might be of value. May give it a try myself later.

Janet
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-18-2002, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member
Blue Ridge Mountains of virginia

Hails from United States
Thank you!!!!!!!!
I will definitely be checking it out..
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 10-18-2002, 01:53 PM
Indianapolis

Hails from United States
Thanks for the tip, I'll go check it out.

I have been busy lately! We moved into a new house in May that had a sunroom in the front. It was really just an enclosd front porch and was done poorly to boot. At some point my neighbor said someone used it as a bedroom which is awful. The windows were cheap and the drywall didn't come all the way up. The door wouldn't even open all the way because it was dragging on the cement. No proper flooring either. Basically the outside was finished, the inside was not. Also the idiots enclosed it right over 1/3 of a picture window and painted the half of the window that would look into the sunroom white. To get to the point my husband and I tore it down over the weekend. It made a HUGE improvement on the look of the house. It really opened it up. It was also fun tearing it down (much quicker and easier than building!) Just felt like sharing.

This weekend I am preparing for a visit from my husband's grandmother. Her 80somethingth b-day is Nov. 3rd and I'm trying to finish crocheting a shawl for her, so if I'm silent for a while don't mind me! She'll be here for 6 days. She used to be an elementary school teacher so I showed her my children's book I wrote and she loved it. After all if she taught children all those years she must have some feel for what they like, right? So I'm going to try to have some finished illustrations to show her for her visit too. She gets here the 22nd.

Have a good weekend all!

Redhawk