WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > Explore Subjects > Art Journals
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors

#91   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2010, 06:51 AM
A Local Legend
New Jersey

Hails from United States
Re: My International Fake Journal 2010

I really enjoyed your fake journal. Do you think you will do another one next year?
  #92   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2010, 02:01 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Robert, thank you for following along the entire time. I don't know the answer to Hans, one year later. I'll think about it.

Rachel, glad you enjoyed the fake journal. It was a really fun project. One of the things it did, was get me drawing just about every day. I've been away from it now for a couple of months and found that posting it has made me realize what a great thing it was to draw that often. Must get back into that again.

Thank you Jacqui for your kind words and support. I have to confess, this has re-awakened the desire to do a graphic novel. I'm hesitating, but all of the positive comments about the "story" and the drawings has made me think, maybe I can do something like that.

Michelle, yes, I think I will do a fake journal again next year. I've been thinking that I should try a new media again. It was very freeing to bypass the inner critic and try something new without censure.
  #93   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Immortalized

Hails from United States

Debby -
I haven't been spending much time online, very busy with work and it's finally summer in the NW!. I stopped in to check on Hans and find out that he's going to be MIA for a while. Darn.

Looking forward to next year.

Carole A
  #94   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Lord of the Arts
South Australia

Hails from Australia

Debby, this is wonderful! Your pages are so clean and tidy, it reminds me very much of botanical drawings, beautiful!
  #95   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-28-2010, 10:47 PM
WC! Guide
Nowheresville, Idunno

Hails from United States

Carole, sorry to disappoint you. I did say it was only for a month. I cannot promise that we will ever know the end of Hans' tale.

Jackie, after a time, I felt they were too neat and tidy. I planned that the pages would look like that. But, after a while, it kind of became constricted. There were times I wanted more room to draw, or more room to write, but because I'd gotten ahead of myself and set it up like a diary with the data space in the corner, I was stuck. Lesson learned. Leave the pages blank until you get to them. Thank you for the compliment about my drawings. It was a new style for me and a new media. I really like it tho' and am planning on doing more of it.
  #96   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-30-2010, 05:58 AM

Hails from Belgium

This is getting more and more interesting as the story progresses! Great work!

-Raymond-