WetCanvas
Home Member Services Content Areas Tools Info Center WC Partners Shop Help
Channels:
Search for:
in:

Welcome to the WetCanvas forums. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit our help center.

Go Back   WetCanvas > The Town Center > WC Site Technical Discussions
User Name
Password
Register Mark Forums Read

Salute to our Partners
WC! Sponsors

Our Sponsors
Closed Thread

#46   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Veteran Member
Trieste - Italy

Hails from Italy
Re: Report All Bugs IV

Hi
What's going on with the Image reference library? Last posted photo dates back to June, 13th. I cant believe everybody stopped upoloading so i guess it is a bug? maybe something to do with the problem with Image uploader?
  #47   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-30-2008, 12:20 PM
A WetCanvas! Patron Saint
massachusetts

Hails from United States

HI Karyn, I'm having the problem where I go to sign in and it bumps me to a help page to log in... when i try to log in or get help I get an error message... Also , which is a pain to me is I try to log on my newbie site for glass beads In the glass lobby and I get another message...it won't show the post...but i can go everywhere else? Very frustrating. I've already sent a email with the copies of all these errors and messagages but have not gotten anything back.. if you have anything for me I'd surely appreciate it... Can't figure it out. Thanks Diane

Just Me. Diane :
D
  #48   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Davison, MI

Hails from United States

Scanned through the posts and did not see this one mentioned.....But in the projects finished pieces gallery. Images show at all different sizes. It looks like those which were loaded prior to site being down loaded uniformly however those after are all different sizes, which makes viewing the galleries very difficult. Dont envy the job! Thanks for all your hard work!
Mary
  #49   Report Bad Post  
Old 06-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Big Spring,Texas

Hails from United States

Karyn, thanks for yours and everyone's hard work. We will be patient. I did get instruction from my moderator Patty (BlueGenes) on using the QuickLinks but it still won't upload. Maybe soon...
  #50   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2008, 03:42 AM
massachusetts

Hails from United States

Hi There... Looks like my issues are all better now... Don't know what was going on. but just glad I can go and view my favorit tread now.. have a great day... Diane

Just Me. Diane :
D
  #51   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2008, 10:35 AM
A Local Legend
Hill Country, Texas, y'all

Hails from United States

I'm a user of the open critique forum and it seems to be entirely disfunctional. There are no new posts, just a display of some old posts with threads of critique. If I try to add a new post, I get a "data base is not woriking" message.
  #52   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2008, 11:15 AM
massachusetts

Hails from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsNat
Hi...I just joined WetCanvas after crusing around in it and thinking this is a wonderful place...but I am running up against a wall when I try to view a demo - get a message that I am not authorized or perhaps not activated. Help!!!

Hi ms nat
I was running into that as well, when I was trying to get on my favorite post tread. Does it bring you to a page that has "help" or registor or log in ??? if so what I did was clicked on the help... which brought me to this page that you either signed in or you registored... now I don't know if that is what fixed my problem.. might be a fluk .. but what I did was clicked on registor... put in my full name and picked a pass word... and accepted it... I was suppose to get an email telling me what to do... but very soon after that things got so much better for me... no more errors... ect ect... and I could view the post. That registoring ask for an email... so good luck this maybe helpful maybe not.. but its worth mentioning.... Diane

Just Me. Diane :
D
  #53   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2008, 12:36 PM
Veteran Member
Citrus Heights, California

Hails from United States

I am not receiving all of my channel daily updates. I have gone back into all of my channels and re-subscribed requesting daily updates, even if they showed that I am already subscribed. I posted this problem somewhere else that seemed like the right place to post, but when trying to find that channel again (which I was unable to do), I found this one which is where my post really belongs. Sorry 'bout that. And thanks so much for all of the hard work you are doing to keep this site alive and working well.
  #54   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member
Oneonta, NY

Hails from United States

Thanks for the input all.

A few answers for some of you.

First, the posts that were made right before we took the site down will not be available. The database was corrupted and we had to take an earlier backup to put into the the new site. I apologize that those old posts are no longer available.

Secondly, there have been some permissions issues for people that recently joined the site. . . and a range of permissions issues for guides and certain forums. They are slowly being ironed out. Creating a new account is not the answer. But, you are welcome to send me a PM so that I can work with you to get into the system. IF you have no access, please send an email to: admin (@) wetcanvas.com. I'll find you there and work with you to get you back online.

(Yay, Diane, I'm glad you have gotten back in.)

Yes, the Open Critique Forum and Structured Critique forums have unique properties that we need to fix in order for those to be functional. It is happening along with the image links and problems that we need to fix.

Thank you for keeping us posted.

#55   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member
New York City

Hails from United States

When I open a Forum - i.e. Watercolor/Palette Talk - I notice that the list of threads does not show the date the thread was originally started.

Can you put it back, please?

Thanks.
  #56   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2008, 03:00 PM
A Local Legend
Ukiah California

Hails from United States

What a formidable task you have taken on, and the progress is phenomenal! I can post images now in the WIP forum, both as new threads and as commentary on existing threads.
I am still getting the database error notice in the open critique forum. It will not let me start a new thread though I can post to existing threads.

Your hard work is so much appreciated. Thank you!

#57   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Point Clear, AL

Hails from United States

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I have tried going to the feature article index, and when I click on a link for an article under the Art Business section, I'll go the first page. Most of the articles show "page 1 or 6", however there isn't any way that I can find to get to any other pages of the article? There's no "next page" button or number of the other pages to click on, so I am only able to read page 1 of the articles.

I checked one article under "abstract" and it did have links to other pages at the bottom, however several under the Art Business section did not. I haven't looked at any others.

Thank you all for your hard work, I've learned and continue to learn so much from this site!

Last edited by aspybey : 07-01-2008 at 03:04 PM.
  #58   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-01-2008, 03:51 PM
New Mexico & New Brunswick

Now getting a CGI handler error when I try to create a post with an image over in the Plein Air forum. But, it seems that the post actually "takes."
  #59   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2008, 04:15 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom

Many links to watercolor articles by Rod Webb in the Article Index are unavailable :

Quote:
Directory Listing Denied
This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

This is causing much disrutpion to our Watercolor Handbook.

Doug

Last edited by Yorky : 07-02-2008 at 07:45 AM.
  #60   Report Bad Post  
Old 07-02-2008, 04:21 AM
Administrator
ORMSKIRK, Lancashire

Hails from United Kingdom
Re: Gallery Manager Fault

Clicking on the Gallery Manager in Tools reveals my Gallery entry but no access to any paintings.

Clicking on "This member's virtual gallery" entry in my User Profile brings up a blank screen.

Doug